Mt Juliet pastor calls autism, epilepsy, other diagnosis "demon possession"

It reminds me of Antifa for the right.
The rightwing media convinced you guys it was some significant group when it was pretty much nothing.....something most had no idea even existed unless they consumed rightwing media.
Same thing they are doing with CRT. Most on the left had never even heard of it until the right became obsessively driven by the media.
Don't entirely disagree, especially about CRT. I'm not sure if people in Portland or other places would say Antifa is "pretty much nothing" though.

It reminds me of Antifa for the right.
The rightwing media convinced you guys it was some significant group when it was pretty much nothing.....something most had no idea even existed unless they consumed rightwing media.
Same thing they are doing with CRT. Most on the left had never even heard of it until the right became obsessively driven by the media.
You’re seriously comparing this bicycle riding, attention whore, fanatical zealot to Antifa in terms of numbers and significance? Outside of the 25 people that attend his church, everyone in Mt. Juliet thinks he’s crazy as hell.

According to reformationcharlotte.org Locke used the term "demonized". He did not say demon possessed. Demonized isn't the same as demon possessed.
It is possible Locke doesn't know that and used the wrong term.
As of right now, we only have "progressive's" word on what he said and his meaning.
I honestly think most everyone alive has some form of mental illness ….

Reactions: hog88 and McDad
A few of my friends with children on the spectrum were very upset about it; it had come through a couple of their support networks.

I know there are several people here who have never heard of the guy, but he is dangerous. He is picking up followers at a rapid pace and has influence within Independent Fundamentalist Baptist and Patriot Church circles.

His church actually has a brick and mortar building, but he prefers the aesthetic of preaching in the tent.
Who cares. He can be an idiot and believe and preach what he wants.

You’re seriously comparing this bicycle riding, attention whore, fanatical zealot to Antifa in terms of numbers and significance? Outside of the 25 people that attend his church, everyone in Mt. Juliet thinks he’s crazy as hell.
He has 2.2 million followers on Facebook.

I honestly think most everyone alive has some form of mental illness ….
There's a reason I live in the sticks and do not associate with people unless required.

"Regular folks" of all ages, colors, sexual preferences, and education are fine though. It's the margins of society I'm losing my patience with.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Or those of us with family in the area who have run into his adherents.
So you have family who've run into his followers AND your friends with spectrum kids just happen to stumble on the tweet discussing his craziness???

What are the odds?

Reactions: NCFisher
What are y’all doing next Sunday? I say the whole of VolNation show up for the Sunday morning service just for s***s and giggles. I’ll flip y’all for the honors of stealing the offering plate. Any takers?

I guess I just don’t see the point of complaining about the views of some rando idiot who doesn’t matter
I think the story is more about people actually listening to him.
Like Q. Who cares? Q was obviously an idiot. It's the people who didn't realize he was an idiot who are the real problem.

So you have family who've run into his followers AND your friends with spectrum kids just happen to stumble on the tweet discussing his craziness???

What are the odds?

You're getting a little misrepresenty here.

1. These friends with spectrum kids saw a tweet on this subject after another person shared it in their support group. I am in a religious deconstruction group with these friends, where they shared their feelings about this pastor's brand of Christianity and this sermon specifically.
2. I have an aunt and uncle in Lebanon who are involved with charismatic prosperity ministry (my uncle is a... Um...I think he calls himself an apostle now. Used to call himself a prophet. But I digress.) Crazy attracts crazy. The name has been brought up in passing by my aunt.

The two are not connected.

And I'm getting chippy and don't want anyone to think less of me than you already do, so I'm going to pass out. Have a good night.

For the tech savvy:
Does anyone know how people find obscure tweets to agitate other like-minded minions?

Algorithms .. somebody starts searches for these type things and the algorithms will suggest you look at these tweets / chats / channels .

Reactions: McDad
You're getting a little misrepresenty here.

1. These friends with spectrum kids saw a tweet on this subject after another person shared it in their support group. I am in a religious deconstruction group with these friends, where they shared their feelings about this pastor's brand of Christianity and this sermon specifically.
2. I have an aunt and uncle in Lebanon who are involved with charismatic prosperity ministry (my uncle is a... Um...I think he calls himself an apostle now. Used to call himself a prophet. But I digress.) Crazy attracts crazy. The name has been brought up in passing by my aunt.

The two are not connected.
I didn't say the events were connected. I wasn't representing anything in my statement either. I just thought the odds of both are incredibly low.

Reactions: AshG
According to reformationcharlotte.org Locke used the term "demonized". He did not say demon possessed. Demonized isn't the same as demon possessed.
It is possible Locke doesn't know that and used the wrong term.
As of right now, we only have "progressive's" word on what he said and his meaning.
The line "Ain't no such diagnosis in the Bible," is a direct quote of his... as if not being in the Bible, invalidates autism as an affliction. This isn't some liberal creation run wild. The guy is a genuine nut.

The line "Ain't no such diagnosis in the Bible," is a direct quote of his... as if not being in the Bible, invalidates autism as an affliction. This isn't some liberal creation run wild. The guy is a genuine nut.

He is a nut and everyone here knows it. He’s got, what, .00000000000001% of the population paying any attention to him? I’m still trying to figure out why this is a thing.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back