Transfer Portal 21-22

Super team scenario eventually, especially with NIL contracts getting more prominent going forward

With the history of the LV team, if indeed this season is the year we turn the corner back to being at the top… LV’s are PRIMED to score big NIL deals… the brand is huge but fans have faced a ton of disappointment.. with CP winning this past year and being a prominent figure in sports, the legacy of Pat, and the tradition of the Lady Vols, if impact players want development while also garnering th big dollars… come on to Knoxville! Also I’d like to see some of Nashville’s finest take an interest in supporting the LV’s ala Boosie(whom I despise)

With the history of the LV team, if indeed this season is the year we turn the corner back to being at the top… LV’s are PRIMED to score big NIL deals… the brand is huge but fans have faced a ton of disappointment.. with CP winning this past year and being a prominent figure in sports, the legacy of Pat, and the tradition of the Lady Vols, if impact players want development while also garnering th big dollars… come on to Knoxville! Also I’d like to see some of Nashville’s finest take an interest in supporting the LV’s ala Boosie(whom I despise)

Gotta get Three-6 Mafia in some shirzees!!! More West TN than East but I truly love the idea of it.

“Briggs was pursued by several schools, but ultimately narrowed down her decision to Maryland and Tennessee. She spoke with all of the Terps’ coaches and wound up choosing College Park over Knoxville.”

“Great coaches. Great players. A lot of culture and history,” Briggs said of Maryland. “I think they can help me become a great basketball player.”
We all make mistakes.

While I feel strongly we need to add a few transfer players, I had not updated my somewhat meh prediction that it would probably be again from successful players from the mid-major ranks. I then realized if our season keeps going the way we hope it does (say, top 10 finish and make it to the Elite Eight), we should be the most competitive we ever have been for all transfers including those from major programs. I think those players really want to play for a team with Final 4 viability, and with our returning players and our great recruit for next year, we will very much be seen as a Final 4 prospect!!

While I feel strongly we need to add a few transfer players, I had not updated my somewhat meh prediction that it would probably be again from successful players from the mid-major ranks. I then realized if our season keeps going the way we hope it does (say, top 10 finish and make it to the Elite Eight), we should be the most competitive we ever have been for all transfers including those from major programs. I think those players really want to play for a team with Final 4 viability, and with our returning players and our great recruit for next year, we will very much be seen as a Final 4 prospect!!

Yes!! You can also see everyone visibly getting better before your eyes. That is appealing to young women with WNBA hopes. You’ve almost always got to add something to your game. If rebounding is it, Kellie is your gal.

Still aggravated about S W-G. If I remember correctly, we were undefeated #1 when she jumped ship mid-season despite starting for the top-ranked team in the country. Always felt that her actions likely cost us another championship.

It's one thing for a player to leave due to the program struggling or rarely seeing the floor, but to leave the pinnacle of success in January because you're not the #1 option just defies logic.

Still aggravated about S W-G. If I remember correctly, we were undefeated #1 when she jumped ship mid-season despite starting for the top-ranked team in the country. Always felt that her actions likely cost us another championship.

It's one thing for a player to leave due to the program struggling or rarely seeing the floor, but to leave the pinnacle of success in January because you're not the #1 option just defies logic.
Sade Wiley-Gatewood rumors are true: she’s gone | Women's Hoops World

Didn’t recall Sa’de.

Count yourself blessed.

creekdipper said:
“Still aggravated about S W-G. If I remember correctly, we were undefeated #1 when she jumped ship mid-season despite starting for the top-ranked team in the country. Always felt that her actions likely cost us another championship.

It's one thing for a player to leave due to the program struggling or rarely seeing the floor, but to leave the pinnacle of success in January because you're not the #1 option just defies logic.”

Creekdipper, iirc she was starting (and pretty much only) point. And, iirc, Hornbuckle afterwards had to play point with a broken hand. Then in the WNCAAT we got beat, by md in what should have been a win. I may be wrong all over. I am sure we have LV historians that can correct any errors in my recollections. I do know that transfer hurt us…in the short run. In the long run it was a blessing. There are ways to leave (Teresa Geter) and there are ways to show all you lack in character. Jmo

Last edited:

According to her there were several reasons why she left! I loved her and thought she was going to be great for us so I reached out and to my surprise she actually responded.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yes!! You can also see everyone visibly getting better before your eyes. That is appealing to young women with WNBA hopes. You’ve almost always got to add something to your game. If rebounding is it, Kellie is your gal.

The fact Alexus Dye is being looked at after playing for Troy(no offense to them) says a lot to transfers whether from mid-majors or P5 schools. There are indeed players at mid majors or hbcu’s who just didn’t go to a P5 school and had to take an alternate route but have just as much talent and ability as those the P5 talent. And it’s obvious Kellie knows what she needs, as does both coach Sam and coach Joy and shoot even the other Coach Harper lol

Count yourself blessed.

creekdipper said:
“Still aggravated about S W-G. If I remember correctly, we were undefeated #1 when she jumped ship mid-season despite starting for the top-ranked team in the country. Always felt that her actions likely cost us another championship.

It's one thing for a player to leave due to the program struggling or rarely seeing the floor, but to leave the pinnacle of success in January because you're not the #1 option just defies logic.”

Creekdipper, iirc she was starting (and pretty much only) point. And, iirc, Hornbuckle afterwards had to play point with a broken hand. Then in the WNCAAT we got beat, by md in what should have been a win. I may be wrong all over. I am sure we have LV historians that can correct any errors in my recollections. I do know that transfer hurt us…in the short run. In the long run it was a blessing. There are ways to leave (Teresa Geter) and there are ways to show all you lack in character. Jmo

I was in the stands the night it was confirmed Gatewood had left the team....There was all kinds of chatter in the air by well meaning fans, but it was a 911 situation......

The point guard position became a real mess....Shanna Zolman gave it a try for awhile, but the other SEC teams pounced on her like hungry lions at a small waterhole...

Pat held the team together, but it was rough for awhile...
ladyvols2004.jpg

folks, don't forget her father - he had his own rating service re women athletes and he was not the first male parent who impacted women college programs.
a recent presser our coach was asked about relationships with players' parents definitely an area to pursue in assessing future players.

Color me surprised...even more with the timing. I get that she knows that MSST is a lost cause, but to quit this late into the season 🤔?

I think there is something super toxic going on.

I’ll give you 3 guesses. Even if they aren’t in the middle of it, boy does the drama follow them…..

VN Store

Back