Tennessee Lady Vol News

I really thought she did. Others are saying this is it for her though.

IIRC, this is Keyen’s Covid year. The only two that could come back next season if they chose to are Walker and Burrell. It has been said many times that Rae is ready to get on with the next stage in her life, so she’s gone. But with the recent development of Jordan Walker being interested in a future in coaching, it might behoove her to stick around another year to absorb more lessons from the pros who are coaching her now.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

Tennessee is sixth in the NET after beating Georgia. NC drops to fifth in the NET after getting beat by 20 points. LOL We can't get past them in the NET. Maybe if they lose by 30 that will do it.
I know some ratings can be weird early in the year, but I have rarely seen a more outrageous rating than the NET for North Carolina. It is no longer early in the year, and now that the Tar Heels are playing conference teams they are showing their mediocrity. There is no way they should be anyone's top 25, and I imagine they will be dropping out of those polls this week. But still #5 in the NET o_O!

IIRC, this is Keyen’s Covid year. The only two that could come back next season if they chose to are Walker and Burrell. It has been said many times that Rae is ready to get on with the next stage in her life, so she’s gone. But with the recent development of Jordan Walker being interested in a future in coaching, it might behoove her to stick around another year to absorb more lessons from the pros who are coaching her now.

We’ll just have to wait and see.
I thought last year would have been a medical redshirt and this year would make up for that year and next year could be a COVID year.

Reactions: Lucy
Same here! She’s a big part of what we’ve been building and are capable of doing. I’m hopeful after seeing her return to the bench albeit with an ice pack and she was “walking”
She seemed to be having a pretty good time after the game with the team in the locker room too. Hopefully, it is just a bad bruise or slight hyperextension of the knee.

She seemed to be having a pretty good time after the game with the team in the locker room too. Hopefully, it is just a bad bruise or slight hyperextension of the knee.

May just be some of the same issues she has had. At this point she just has bad knees. Sometimes they’re gonna hurt. She’s a fighter though, you can see her love for the game. Hope she can go some more this season. Her contributions have been great for the program, on and off the floor!

From your typing fingers to God’s ears! Kellie truly needs Keyen Green to be available going forward since Tennessee still hasn’t faced the toughest part of the schedule.

Speaking of the schedule, in all the decades I’ve been a Lady Vols supporter, I cannot think of another season that the schedule fell more perfectly than this one has to maximize success.

There has been a steady diet of challenges in facing many different styles of play and strategies. There have been some cupcakes to feast on at the absolute PERFECT times to help the team, and then some pressure-filled quality wins against opponents who were expected to be capable of giving Tennessee a loss.

And Tennessee has won all but one game. The loss to Stanford, while disappointing because a horrible half did us in, was no shock to anyone. There was no shame in losing to that outstanding team.

So, all in all, I’d have to say that our Lady Vols have found the perfect balance this season. The fact that the way the schedule fell has allowed the team to work UP to the final third of it in exactly the perfect sequence of opponents just adds to the magic of this season.

I am head-over-heels in love with Tennessee Lady Vols basketball again. That is all. :D

I can say one thing with absolute certainty: Someday, some program is going to take a chance in hiring a young coach, and if those universities take a chance on either Keyen Green or Jordan Walker, they’re more likely than not going to be glad they did.

They both seem to “get it” pretty well for people their ages, and even though it is well documented that being a good player in college/pros doesn’t automatically equate to being a successful coach, if I were a gambler, I’d be willing to bet that these two will one day prove capable of being successful coaches.

My worry in this moment is, how in the world will Kellie choose between those two to become the next grad assistant????? :oops:

Now that we broke the glass could get Emily and Karo a few more minutes.

I agree, I think there will be moments in the Auburn game for both. Karo will have some good matchups if they go small. She posts up hard so I think she can get herself a few scores.

Precious Johnson and Emily are a good matchup. If we can build a good lead I think it would be a superb opportunity to get Emily some extended minutes. Our 5 players are pretty banged up at the moment. Any preparation we can get her may pay off big time as time goes on.

I believe the Arkansas game in Knoxville should also be a good opportunity for us to get our bench some quality minutes. Without the benefit of the home whistle I do not think they’ll be able to keep it close. They absolutely mugged us in the paint and it was still never really in question.

Big talking point the next week or so has to be for our main rotation to take care of business. If they can play really hard and open a good lead we can get them a break and get our young players some much needed SEC experience.

I think she’s alright, just banged up. Might sit out Thursday against Auburn. Likely a game we could afford to rest her if needed.

Again, this season it really feels like the stars are trying their best to align for Tennessee. Obviously we’ve been dealt our share of adversity. But more often than not we’ve been able to avoid any total crisis situations.

Luck? Providence? I don’t know. But what I do know, with 100% certainty, is that NO upcoming opponent has their game against Tennessee marked on their mental calendars as “a probable win.”

Folks, THIS IS EVERYTHING, because it wasn’t long ago that Alabama fans had marked on their freaking mental calendars that beating Tennessee was more likely than not to happen.

Good GAWD!

Now I highly suspect that even the No.1 team in the country, South Carolina, won’t be thinking the Lady Vols are a gimme.

This team isn’t perfect — obviously. But dang! If the diehard naysayers can’t see by now that there is something special in this group of young women and the coaching staff in charge, then I don’t think there’s any hope for them.

Again, this season it really feels like the stars are trying their best to align for Tennessee. Obviously we’ve been dealt our share of adversity. But more often than not we’ve been able to avoid any total crisis situations.

Luck? Providence? I don’t know. But what I do know, with 100% certainty, is that NO upcoming opponent has their game against Tennessee marked on their mental calendars as “a probable win.”

Folks, THIS IS EVERYTHING, because it wasn’t long ago that Alabama fans had marked on their freaking mental calendars that beating Tennessee was more likely than not to happen.

Good GAWD!

Now I highly suspect that even the No.1 team in the country, South Carolina, won’t be thinking the Lady Vols are a gimme.

This team isn’t perfect — obviously. But dang! If the diehard naysayers can’t see by now that there is something special in this group of young women and the coaching staff in charge, then I don’t think there’s any hope for them.

We do seem to have some guiding force. I maintain Pat has a lotta pull up there.

The timing of injuries and availability has so far been really fortunate. Like getting a 100% Rae back right as we miss Tess for who knows how many games.

Tess has caught a hard time but if Burrell were still unavailable I think it would have been a different result today. Puckett can play that spot but it’s not natural. Aside from her nobody else can’t shoot anywhere near well enough to play that position.

From your typing fingers to God’s ears! Kellie truly needs Keyen Green to be available going forward since Tennessee still hasn’t faced the toughest part of the schedule.

Speaking of the schedule, in all the decades I’ve been a Lady Vols supporter, I cannot think of another season that the schedule fell more perfectly than this one has to maximize success.

There has been a steady diet of challenges in facing many different styles of play and strategies. There have been some cupcakes to feast on at the absolute PERFECT times to help the team, and then some pressure-filled quality wins against opponents who were expected to be capable of giving Tennessee a loss.

And Tennessee has won all but one game. The loss to Stanford, while disappointing because a horrible half did us in, was no shock to anyone. There was no shame in losing to that outstanding team.

So, all in all, I’d have to say that our Lady Vols have found the perfect balance this season. The fact that the way the schedule fell has allowed the team to work UP to the final third of it in exactly the perfect sequence of opponents just adds to the magic of this season.

I am head-over-heels in love with Tennessee Lady Vols basketball again. That is all. :D
Isn’t it great to have excitement again after the dark years under our previous coach. Hope the year ends on a high note and high level recruits come our way. Let’s not get too over our skis yet.

We do seem to have some guiding force. I maintain Pat has a lotta pull up there.

The timing of injuries and availability has so far been really fortunate. Like getting a 100% Rae back right as we miss Tess for who knows how many games.

Tess has caught a hard time but if Burrell were still unavailable I think it would have been a different result today. Puckett can play that spot but it’s not natural. Aside from her nobody else can’t shoot anywhere near well enough to play that position.

I hesitated to say it, but am glad you had the guts to do it. Yes, it does feel to me like Pat Head Summitt is alive and well in the spirit of this year's team. And yes, I am fighting back tears after having allowed myself to type that.

Adding a big second to lvocd's outstanding posts about the schedule lining up just right this year ☝. The same thoughts have occurred to me...the timings of injuries so we weren't hurt too badly; the forced development of depth against easier opponents; home games when we were still developing chemistry, etc. It's been uncanny so far.

Each game is its own adventure. We can look to each new opponent with confidence that the LV effort will be there and that no opponent will be overlooked. As you said, it's a real pleasure to watch this team. The fun is back!

One Game At a Time!

"That stare"
Dang KJH stare looks more wild-eyed than smoldering intensity like PHS. Don't blame her with the horrid reffing, but wow, I'd jump to obey. Good thing we don't see this often. One other thing I've noticed as a big difference fm PS style, I don't think I've ever seen this directed at a player, only at refs, KJH does player tough love in private. Working so far, please don't change.

Do we dare
To mention The Stare?

Not pushed, my ass!
73901024bb214ec0f124cf21099050aa--pat-summitt-coach.jpg

Do the banner ads on VolNation drive anyone else nuts? I use the button at the top to toggle back to the main forum but these days there is always a super annoying add parked right over the top of it. Have to scroll to the bottom to go back all the time.

May only be an issue on mobile. Wouldn’t know otherwise because I rarely get on this site on my computer.

VN Store

Back