Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?? He revolutionized the game in multiple ways. The reason that all of the most successful programs operate the way that they do now are because of things that he did/does.
You mean like breaking with impunity the legal limit for coaches on staff by calling them by a different name? Or hiring banned coaches by the same method? Controlling the scheduling and officiating for the whole conference? I do not claim that just anybody whatsoever could have done what he has done; but I absolutely deny that he could have done it without everything rigged. And others could have done it with the same rigged advantages. I think every game he has coached at bammer should be marked with an asterisk in the record book.

Another way to think of it - if the NFL set the 2 pt conversion to half the distance - 1 yard...you don't think people would be going for 2 almost all the time?

There's a reason it's set at the 2...it's basically a 50/50 decision at that point ~47% (.94 EV) for a 2 vs ~93%(.93 EV) for an XP. At 1 yard, it would be an easy choice going for 2 all day.

Reactions: Orange.
Apparently cobwebs are the way to go. When my dad was a kid, he dang near cut his finger off. Cut through the tendon and everything. His mom wrapped it in cobwebs. It eventually healed, but he never could bend that finger again.

If you see injured tendons, surgery, not cobwebs is the way to go. 🤔

Reactions: Batman1948
Complete opposite. He partially did it because it was early. Wouldn't have done it in the 4th obviously. You value the lead, by any margin, LATER in games.

Early on, the value is margin and increasing odds of winning, ultimately. Ie say both teams score 2 more TDs the rest of the game...you're still up by 2 and they can't make it up by going for 2 late. Just as an example, but overall margin is more important early and far less late.

It was also from the 1 with DH. You'd have to be nuts to think he doesn't make it more than 50% of the time. It was a super standard call.
Ok, disagree. You have to be in front to have a margin. You don't know if you need that point. Not going to agree but not going to change my mind.

This year it is wide open….. no dominate teams out there.
Makes the NFL way more fun to watch than the college football playoff. Never thought I would ever say that but that is the reality. Hopefully the transfer portal evens up the talent discrepancy in the coming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back