'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

"Addison Nichols is set to arrive on Tennessee’s campus Saturday to move into his dorm and begin his college career, along with a number of the Vols’ other early enrollees. His latest trip to Knoxville gave him a better idea of what to expect once he gets there.

Nichols, a Top247 offensive lineman, was among the early enrollees from Tennessee’s 2022 class who traveled to Knoxville last month to participate in some of the team’s on-campus bowl practices. He was limited to non-contact drills after suffering a broken finger during his senior season, but he said he “absolutely” expects to benefit from the experience of going through a few early practices with the Vols."

“I watched everything, tried to learn as much as I could, so it was good. Great experience — really fun. … (I was) figuring out the tempo things — kind of, like, the schedule of things during the day, kind of how things run,”
“I kind of have a sense of what to do, so it’ll definitely be great not having to spend that time to figure out things as much.”
"Alex Golesh, Tennessee’s offensive coordinator and tight ends coach, said last month on Early Signing Day that Nichols is “advanced … for his age” and has “the ability to hopefully get a chance to play early.”"
“I’m going in there full steam ahead, going for that spot, so I’m going to do everything I can to get it,”
“They want me at tackle, but I’ll be playing whatever gets me on the field,”
“That’s where I’ll be. … Like I said, whatever spot’s open and whatever spot I can take, I’m going to work my butt off to get it.”
"Nichols said he’s “all clear now” to begin the Vols’ offseason workouts without any limitations. After undergoing surgery on his finger during the fall, he said he “stayed home” earlier this month rather than traveling to San Antonio for the All-American Bowl and focused on getting “myself right” ahead of his arrival at Tennessee."
“I had my last checkup last week or the week before, and everything’s all good. … It’s all healed,”
"Nichols said a couple of Tennessee’s other early enrollees — quarterback Tayven Jackson, a fellow Top247 prospect, and wide receiver Chas Nimrod — will be his roommates this year, along with walk-on quarterback Gaston Moore."
“Me and Tayven are really close,” Nichols said. “We had picked our room awhile ago. … Gaston’s a really good guy. Finally got to meet him at the bowl practices. Super, super cool guy. It’ll be good. He knows the whole playbook like the back of his hand, so he’ll be able to help me and Tayven a lot.”
“Just being able to be a part of the rebuilding is super special,” Nichols said. “I think we’ve got something great going on, and I’m super excited to be a part of it, and I know all the other guys are, as well. …
“We have a really good class coming in. We have a lot of guys coming back, so I think after next season we’re going to have a really good shot at doing some great things in the next few years. Next year, I feel like we’ll be able to have an even more successful recruiting class than we did this year, so just being able to bring those guys in to incorporate into the scheme of things and the program will be really, really good.'
“I’m telling you, man, it’s going to be good. It’s going to be a good ride. I think we’re going to have a lot of success, and Tennessee’s going to be a force to reckon with.”
-247 Callahan

"Addison Nichols is set to arrive on Tennessee’s campus Saturday to move into his dorm and begin his college career, along with a number of the Vols’ other early enrollees. His latest trip to Knoxville gave him a better idea of what to expect once he gets there.

Nichols, a Top247 offensive lineman, was among the early enrollees from Tennessee’s 2022 class who traveled to Knoxville last month to participate in some of the team’s on-campus bowl practices. He was limited to non-contact drills after suffering a broken finger during his senior season, but he said he “absolutely” expects to benefit from the experience of going through a few early practices with the Vols."

"Alex Golesh, Tennessee’s offensive coordinator and tight ends coach, said last month on Early Signing Day that Nichols is “advanced … for his age” and has “the ability to hopefully get a chance to play early.”"

"Nichols said he’s “all clear now” to begin the Vols’ offseason workouts without any limitations. After undergoing surgery on his finger during the fall, he said he “stayed home” earlier this month rather than traveling to San Antonio for the All-American Bowl and focused on getting “myself right” ahead of his arrival at Tennessee."

"Nichols said a couple of Tennessee’s other early enrollees — quarterback Tayven Jackson, a fellow Top247 prospect, and wide receiver Chas Nimrod — will be his roommates this year, along with walk-on quarterback Gaston Moore."

-247 Callahan
Sounds like he has the inside scoop on next years class and I like it.

VN Store

Back