Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

No credit or blame to the head coaches for their hires?

While Majors did hire Cut originally, Fulmer promoted him to OC. So he does deserve some credit.

If you look at Fulmer with and without Cut, Fulmer wasn’t as good.

What the poster is saying is some assistants (and I’m gonna say Lanier in particular) seem to have a big impact since the team hasn’t been as successful

While Majors did hire Cut originally, Fulmer promoted him to OC. So he does deserve some credit.

What the poster is saying is some assistants (and I’m gonna say Lanier in particular) seem to have a big impact since the team hasn’t been as successful

Fulmer’s coaching tree is a telephone poll. How many of Barnes’ hires at TN are head coaches already? Three?

This^^^^^^^^

Not necessarily. Fulmer was smart enough to keep Cutcliffe even though he didn't directly hire him. It's not about the hires but with working with what u got.

No, head coaches hiring their assistants is part of the job of running their program. It’s dumb to criticize Barnes over his assistant coaches.

Agree, English to a lesser intent is missed, also. He was really good at scouting and game planning against a team. Ate Washington's lunch

Team is soft. Pons being gone is now exposing how much he meant in regards to being a physical team. Fulkerson is a prime example of why the NIL is a pause for those with deep pockets….great guy, good local kid but doesn’t move the needle nationally

Reactions: 08Vol
Fulmer’s coaching tree is a telephone poll. How many of Barnes’ hires at TN are head coaches already? Three?

Three at UT? I guess you’re saying the lack of success the last three years isn’t due to the assistant coaches? I guess that’s fair. Lanier leaving and us not being as good at the 18/19 teams could just be coincidence.

I think Barnes start to create some doubt in more fans mind this year. This is unacceptable. The continued post presence that is worse than a mid major should alarm people.

Reactions: hUTch2002
I think Barnes start to create some doubt in more fans mind this year. This is unacceptable. The continued post presence that is worse than a mid major should alarm people.
Lol, I’ve been trying to tell you all this for several e years. However, BTO and others want to try and convince you I am not a Vol fan because I have stated Barnes isn’t a good coach

Reactions: Big time vol

VN Store

Back