The Official #22 Tennessee @ #18 Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

To say that this is bad would be an understatement, of course, but it's worth keeping in mind that the lowest KenPom ranking of a team to whom Tennessee has lost is... 17.

Tennessee is far from being a great basketball team, but the games the Vols are losing are to stout competition.

Reactions: gainesvol82
We’ll go .500 in conference play which will get us in. UT will beat the lowly teams and upset one higher ranked team at home to finish 10-8 in conference play. But this is definitely just a first weekend team.

Just looked at remaining schedule. 10-8 in SEC play sounds about right and an L to Texas. 10-8 and 20 wins gets UT in. But we’ll be stuck in no mans land with a 7-10 seed.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Honestly, at this point, I'm more concerned that a 40-point beat down by a rival to send us to 2-3 in conference play, might further shake the confidence of this team and send us spiraling. We've been teetering for quite some time, and this is the type of beat down that could cause strife.

I’m going to be brutally honest here - this team has no confidence. Hasn’t for a long while and what we have had is tenuous at best. They play tight, scared to make a mistake and completely lost on the offensive end.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Bigest mistake was not going and getting a BIG Man in the Portal.
Fulkerson should have been let go.
He plays like he did his Freshman year.
He has not shown up except Arizona.
I guess this is why Barnes had words for him....
Ky lead increases when he is in the game...

The scary thing about this game is it reminds me of football... offense scoring but opponents get too many plays and our defense lacking

This is a full beatdown. No pride. This team has some soul searching, but Barnes may have more. He will need to look at his lineup and minutes.

Yep. Whatever it is that's keeping Barnes from playing BHH, he needs to get over. What we've seen from that kid this season isn't any worse than what Uros, Fulky, and Olivier, are currently giving us. And at least he brings some upside to the table.

VN Store

Back