Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Well, it's weird. Put in for it this morning, got a text about 45 minutes later asking for an interview, did a phone interview, got a follow up video interview like three hours later with the CEO, HR Manager and Ops Manager, got an offer letter at my requested salary like an hour later after the second interview.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing recruiting or staffing (more or less exactly what I was doing at my old job minus the working weekends, holidays, 14-18 hour days and way, way, way too much unpaid overtime) since both were discussed and I was under the impression they were going to offer the staffing position. But the offer letter said "recruiter," so... guess I'll be doing recruiting. M-F work, weekends, holidays off, room for growth.

It's basically a "staffing" agency for first responders and skilled professionals. I'm not entirely sure of the particulars, but I know how to recruit and I know how to staff. I'm certainly going to move ahead with it.

Impressive..Never heard an application to offer process go so quickly in my life

Well, it's weird. Put in for it this morning, got a text about 45 minutes later asking for an interview, did a phone interview, got a follow up video interview like three hours later with the CEO, HR Manager and Ops Manager, got an offer letter at my requested salary like an hour later after the second interview.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing recruiting or staffing (more or less exactly what I was doing at my old job minus the working weekends, holidays, 14-18 hour days and way, way, way too much unpaid overtime) since both were discussed and I was under the impression they were going to offer the staffing position. But the offer letter said "recruiter," so... guess I'll be doing recruiting. M-F work, weekends, holidays off, room for growth.

It's basically a "staffing" agency for first responders and skilled professionals. I'm not entirely sure of the particulars, but I know how to recruit and I know how to staff. I'm certainly going to move ahead with it.
1642116248782.gif

I hope it's what you want!

Reactions: AM64

Congratulations.

I hope they learn to tolerate you much like we have.

Has anyone else here tried to order a new license plate for January? I got a renewal notice in early December and did like I usually do and went online to order a new plate. Came back and said I needed to wait until January 3rd since it was a new plate. Went back around that time and ordered a new plate and got a confirmation and haven't seen a thing since. I've called the county clerks office numerous times, and they don't answer their phones or call back. I think I'll just drive around with their stupid email saying if it doesn't show up in 5 days to call or visit us in person.

I am so sick of government incompetence.

Has anyone else here tried to order a new license plate for January? I got a renewal notice in early December and did like I usually do and went online to order a new plate. Came back and said I needed to wait until January 3rd since it was a new plate. Went back around that time and ordered a new plate and got a confirmation and haven't seen a thing since. I've called the county clerks office numerous times, and they don't answer their phones or call back. I think I'll just drive around with their stupid email saying if it doesn't show up in 5 days to call or visit us in person.

Not yet but I'm sure our inept and corrupt CCs office will **** it up.

Since Covid it's been an excuse for our tag office to not do jack.

Havent dealt with a new tag, but had this exact issue just renewing the old. Ended up having to go to Kroger to print off the sticker. Now I think I will always get my stickers at the Kroger Kiosks.

Being the old stubborn curmudgeon I am, I kept calling the clerk's office and someone actually answered. After telling the young lady I haven't received my license plate, she went down a path of specialty plates and I'm not eligible for a new plate to the point of WTF. Once she understood that I only wanted a new plate and looked it up, she said it was mailed last Friday and would be here in 5 days. After I told her it had been 7 days she said well the mail is slow and if you don't get it by next month you need to come in.

Being the old stubborn curmudgeon I am, I kept calling the clerk's office and someone actually answered. After telling the young lady I haven't received my license plate, she went down a path of specialty plates and I'm not eligible for a new plate to the point of WTF. Once she understood that I only wanted a new plate and looked it up, she said it was mailed last Friday and would be here in 5 days. After I told her it had been 7 days she said well the mail is slow and if you don't get it by next month you need to come in.

I wouldn't worry too much. My wife was on active duty, so somehow the county decided to quit sending the renewal stuff since she didn't have a Hamilton Co address. She never looked at her plates and drove around with expired tags for a few months ... nobody noticed.

I wouldn't worry too much. My wife was on active duty, so somehow the county decided to quit sending the renewal stuff since she didn't have a Hamilton Co address. She never looked at her plates and drove around with expired tags for a few months ... nobody noticed.
I'm just anal about conformity and every thing being in compliance. Engineers are a strange breed when I worry about license plate renewal and people get let out of jail for stealing stuff.

My Day is over
My week is over

Only 5 months to go to next holiday...Ugggh

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back