Mayo to Texans as HC potentially?

Mayo is very, very well respected. I have to think that Flores would be head, and mayo a coordinator tho. Just my experience:

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Good for him but I wouldn’t touch that franchise with a 10 foot pole.

How bout if they dangled a multi year contract for many millions per year at you? Bet you would drop that 10' pole real quick. Any coach that is less than a proven HC should not turn down "the big chance". It may not come around again.

How bout if they dangled a multi year contract for many millions per year at you? Bet you would drop that 10' pole real quick. Any coach that is less than a proven HC should not turn down "the big chance". It may not come around again.
If one franchise is willing to offer a head coaching position, chances are another one will too. There’s 6 other job openings and I would take my chances with those. If they don’t offer me a job then I would be content working under Bill until the next hiring cycle. There’s at least 5 or 6 vacancies every year. No need to rush into a bad situation.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Belichick's defensive assistants in NFL as head coaches. Note, all these guys took bad jobs (Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Lions). The Texans are a dumpster fire for sure.

Groh - left after 1 year (He's been the best NFL head coach of the bunch)
Saban - losing record in 2 seasons. Turned out OK in college FB though.
Crennel- fired in less than 2 seasons in KC. Huge losing record in Cleveland
Mangini - fired twice, losing records both jobs
Schwartz - fired. Huge losing record
Patricia - fired. Huge losing record
Flores - fired in 3 years

Yeah I wish him the best in his coaching career. Which means I hope doesn’t get the Texans job.

VN Store

Back