Cade Mays' $1,000,000.00.

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
With Cade declaring for the draft, does this mean boosters didn't step up with his million dollar NIL deal? IIRC, rumor was that he was looking for the equivalent pay of a 3/4 round NFL pick. If true, does this suggest we're trailing TAM and others who purportedly are already paying a million for unproven 5* straight out of HS. Or was the money potentially there, but just not deemed prudent on Cade.

Bummed he's leaving, but wish him the best.

Reactions: Sammy Joe
I do not see the value there. Why would you pay someone that much money to sit on the bench half of the season? I guess my expectations are much higher due to the fact that Kevin was one of the most gutsy UT linemen ever.

Remember Kevin puking *through* his facemask while coming to the sideline of the UCLA game. Others couldn't lay a finger on him.

Last edited:
I doubt he gets drafted that high anyways but I hope I’m wrong. He simply wasn’t worth that price. Hope he gets healthy and does well in the league.
I don't think we ever saw Cade at his best. It seems he was always dinged. I hope he stays healthy and turns into a monster NFL lineman.

With Cade declaring for the draft, does this mean boosters didn't step up with his million dollar NIL deal? IIRC, rumor was that he was looking for the equivalent pay of a 3/4 round NFL pick. If true, does this suggest we're trailing TAM and others who purportedly are already paying a million for unproven 5* straight out of HS. Or was the money potentially there, but just not deemed prudent on Cade.

Pretty much sums up why college football is headed for the toilet

It's probably a good move on his part given his past injuries. Just think how much money the WR lost in the Championship game with his ACL injury. I think he was projected to go in the first round and who knows where he goes now. Injuries are a big part of the game but some of them happen at the worst time.

If we have these people in place to start making these NIL deals then they need to be for the future starting with this recruiting class. We are in a good position right now because of what we have coming back and some of the recruits coming in. We just have to keep moving forward and continue to build on to the foundation that was laid this year.

If we have these people in place to start making these NIL deals then they need to be for the future starting with this recruiting class. We are in a good position right now because of what we have coming back and some of the recruits coming in. We just have to keep moving forward and continue to build on to the foundation that was laid this year.

My point... if there is one... is that NIL is a complete Blackbox at this point. We as fans are completely in the dark.

My point... if there is one... is that NIL is a complete Blackbox at this point. We as fans are completely in the dark.
I agree at this point they are not a very visible thing to see. The door is open for theses NIL deals to become like political packs a way of moving money in and out in a way that can't be recognized to a point. Which might help us.

Cade Mays worth a million based on what? The best thing you can say about his play is he left UGA but not sure that really hurt them.

Reactions: Rocky Top T

He's an offensive lineman. I doubt many would pay a mil for O-line whether they deserve it or not.

VN Store

Back