Tide Transfers

bluevols27

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.
So if you have a son or daughter that you know can start and play the sport that they are good at, at a lesser school, you're going to advise your young adult to be loyal to the school that they have chosen, ride the pine and never get to play?

Last edited:
So if you have a son or daughter that you know can start and play the sport that they are good at, at a lesser school, you're going to advise you young adult to be loyal to the school that they have chosen, ride the pine and never get to play?
Or maybe he can advise him on which school to go with in the beginning?

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.

They can only transfer once without sitting out, correct? I'm ok with one time. 2nd time should require 1 year ineligibility, JMO.

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.
Not sure about racist, but Alvin Kamara signed with Alabama out of high school, injured his knee in pre-season, red shirted his freshman year. He got into hot water for off the field issues, and transferred to Hutchinson CC before landing at Tennessee.

Not sure about racist, but Alvin Kamara signed with Alabama out of high school, injured his knee in pre-season, red shirted his freshman year. He got into hot water for off the field issues, and transferred to Hutchinson CC before landing at Tennessee.
And he should be able to watch a football game on any sideline that welcomes him. The posters original point was that Manning (and many others) do.

Having a former player (who's picture graces Neyland Stadium) should NOT be hanging out on Bama's sidelines, cheering on our biggest and most hated rival!! WTF are you people talking about? His pic needs to come down yesterday! Peyton is sitting in a Sky Box like any normal big wig. Totally different. If you cant tell the difference, I don't know how to help you.

show me the money that what they want. there needs to be a rule on how much they can make. so the smaller school can keep their player.

Some possible explanations could involve Peyton helping an individual vs. supporting a different team. Practices at Duke could be a product of his relationship with coach Cutcliffe. I think it's a huge stretch to try to explain fan reactions to Kamara patrolling the Alabubba sidelines by race.

I would love to get Sanders to play LB at Tennessee, but I bet he'll transfer to another contender.

Can you not dislike someone’s actions because of the action, regardless of race anymore? Also, Pitt & Duke aren’t a bitter rival.

So if you have a son or daughter that you know can start and play the sport that they are good at, at a lesser school, you're going to advise you young adult to be loyal to the school that they have chosen, ride the pine and never get to play?
A good rule would be if you commit, you have to stay at the school you commit to for at least 2 years. Kids should learn what "commitment" means.

I didn't like it when Arian Foster introduced himself on MNF as being from his high school in the player introductions, and he defamed this U on many occasions with similar instances. I didn't like it when Kamara was on BAMA's sideline. I don't like it when former players go against UT. Manning has never done that. Him being with his former OC at the school he was currently at does not hurt UT. Kamara on Bama's sideline hurts UT. This has nothing to do with race.

I didn't like it when Arian Foster introduced himself on MNF as being from his high school in the player introductions, and he defamed this U on many occasions with similar instances. I didn't like it when Kamara was on BAMA's sideline. I don't like it when former players go against UT. Manning has never done that. Him being with his former OC at the school he was currently at does not hurt UT. Kamara on Bama's sideline hurts UT. This has nothing to do with race.

Next time we're in the NC game we can get Kamara to stand on our sideline.

Some possible explanations could involve Peyton helping an individual vs. supporting a different team. Practices at Duke could be a product of his relationship with coach Cutcliffe. I think it's a huge stretch to try to explain fan reactions to Kamara patrolling the Alabubba sidelines by race.

Not a big deal. I'm sure if Bama was playing UT for a NC, he wouldn't be on the Bama sidelines.

Reactions: VolFan4Life87
Racist much ………? My daughter called me during the game , said the same this about AK being on bama sidelines (she loves her some Alvin, keeps up with most of his games)
I should likely have stopped this racist behavior years ago.

Everything gotta be racist these days. How about let people have an opinion on something without gaslighting. OTOH, I think it's fine for the dude to attend the national championship game with his friends. I don't see why he can't do that and still have loyalty to his alma mater. If somebody had given me free sideline tickets, I'd be right there---and I hate both teams.

Can you not dislike someone’s actions because of the action, regardless of race anymore? Also, Pitt & Duke aren’t a bitter rival.

Cant a guy watch a football game with his friends and support his current teammates without his loyalty being questioned? Or his actions being judged out pettiness? The double standard is obvious and a bad look across the board.

Reactions: kcvols1
This is what I was saying yesterday. If you are looking to be hyped about a strong dynasty type team then its going to be tough. Money will speak louder than education for a college football player. Education can be gotten anywhere but high dollars will only be available at big schools that can afford it... College football as I have loved for many years is going to change and IMO its going to change for the worse unless there are strict guidelines that are put into place... Just my opinion

VN Store

Back