8 BAMA players in the portal!!

Pilot continues to be owned by Berkshire Hathaway - They will not be opening any banks here.
Meh, while Berkshire/Buffett might own a pretty big chunk of Pilot, they're not quite the controlling entity....... yet.

Besides, Buffett is famously hands off all the company's he controls. His usual move if a company tanks is to sell at loss. Pilot is way, way, way under 10% of Berkshire holdings.

I doubt Berkshire gives a damn what they do with NIL.

Meh, while Berkshire/Buffett might own a pretty big chunk of Pilot, they're not quite the controlling entity....... yet.

Besides, Buffett is famously hands off all the company's he controls. His usual move if a company tanks is to sell at loss. Pilot is way, way, way under 10% of Berkshire holdings.

Buffett is not giving any of his money to his kids, Nebraska or Wharton school of business - so don't believe he will be forcing stockholders to give money to Tennessee NIL deals. Just a wild hunch. May have to request someone else open the bank.

I would be shocked if Pilot wasn't under 1 or 2% of their holdings.

Buffett is not giving any of his money to his kids, Nebraska or Wharton school of business - so don't believe he will be forcing stockholders to give money to Tennessee NIL deals. Just a wild hunch. May have to request someone else open the bank.
Buffett stays almost completely out of everything but purchasing companies. If they suck, he unloads them.

He looks at the bottom line and doesn't care, nor have to care, how they get there.

As for Nebraska and his donations, he's in the Gates Promise or whatever they call it to give away most of his assets. Sports aren't anywhere on his radar and never will be but he could care less what Pilot donates to, I'm sure.

Reactions: njvols
I would be shocked if Pilot wasn't under 1 or 2% of their holdings.
4%+/- on a quick glance but with his portfolio the % could change overnight.

Pilot is nothing to Warren Buffett but another minor investment in the oil/gas sector. Buffett supposedly doesn't have a cell but I'd be surprised if Haslam even has a Sr VP's cell number at Berkshire.

So if one of ours go to Alabama we hate them and they are traitors. If an Alabama player or players come to Tennessee it's all good. So this is how it works.
Google fan mentality and close this caper. šŸ˜Ž

All they have to do is look at how things worked out for Kamara. They can start on day one and get ready for the league.

The portal may be bringing more parity after all

I look at it differently Alabama may be going into areas that the NFL goes. These cast-offs will open portal spots. Have you ever watched an NFL game and they announce the player/college and you say either where is that college or I never heard of that school? These late bloomers are now being sought out by the best analyzers in the nation with $$$ in their back pockets and it's legal, kinda.
The word is if you're a player the NFL will find you that may translate to the Bluebloods now.

Bama loses, players jumping ship... Clearly Mark Richt has lost control of the team.
Saban will just replace them with better players and he already has got gibbs, the lsu db, and supposedly will get lsu's best wr. Tit for tat for that dude.

I look at it differently Alabama may be going into areas that the NFL goes. These cast-offs will open portal spots. Have you ever watched an NFL game and they announce the player/college and you say either where is that college or I never heard of that school? These late bloomers are now being sought out by the best analyzers in the nation with $$$ in their back pockets and it's legal, kinda.
The word is if you're a player the NFL will find you that may translate to the Bluebloods now.
Suspect all 8 will be replaced with better HS or portal talent. Saban git shirts.

NIL is non existent in Berkshire Hathaway minds, unless Warren wants to support his Huskers. They buy/invest in good companies, let them do their thing, and meet with their senior leaders a few times a year on Y/E results and future outlook. If Pilot deems it good business to invest in NIL arguably for branding purposes, especially inside the state lines, then they'll be the final decision makers.

VN Store

Back