Marta's Rehab Progress?

I really wonder if Marta will ever play again....

Marta will play again. I think she’ll be even better than before. She’s getting an opportunity right now to see the system from the outside in. She’s still hearing the same things as everyone else in practice.

Hopefully her foot will be fully healed because she’s got a lot of skills we will love watching the next few seasons. She will have 4 years of eligibility remaining.

I loved it when post-game (while Horston was out), Kellie said something about the win being due to contributions from everyone, and Marta held up her phone with Horston on it and exclaimed, "And Jordy, too!"

Great teammate.

Last edited:
She is walking again not wheeling around like she was a couple weeks ago. She was with the team at Ole Miss Always a good sign to see a player traveling with the team looks like her rehab is going well.
She just swapped her wheels for a peg leg. I've never seen a contraption like she uses before. She's not walking on it from what I've seen.

She is walking again not wheeling around like she was a couple weeks ago. She was with the team at Ole Miss Always a good sign to see a player traveling with the team looks like her rehab is going well.

In a previous life...I had to run a lot. Stepped in a pothole one day and broke the fifth metatarsal. Cast...rehab...recast...rehab...physical therapy...rehab...thirty years later after running ( I like it now) ice bath for thirty minutes to reduce swelling. So, I hope Marta comes back and does great...but hard physical activity is going to be difficult.

Hope so,and at 100%

I just saw this story that gives a little detail on her injury:

Marta out for season_rocky top

Her situation is a bit more complicated than I knew, with her having a second surgery after failing to heal properly from the first one.

I wonder if it was lisfranc fracture, which can be really tricky to treat.

VN Store

Back