This Team is Special!

I agree! Brooklynn is the most confident ball handler we've had in many years. I am beyond impressed by Miles -- and she's only a freshman!!!!! :eek:

Walker? Goodness, she is a ROCK for this team. She blows my mind sometimes with how she just gets ish done. There's nothing splashy or fancy about her game. She just gets it done. I love that she's a Lady Vol. 🧡
I think Miles could be a candidate for sec. Freshman if the year ..

I think Miles could be a candidate for sec. Freshman if the year ..

We are still early on but she will have more opportunities to make her mark ( break out game against SC would put her on the radar screen!) SEC f-o-y tends to go players who put up bigger scoring numbers. But I am happy that Brooklyn is becoming a legit candidate for that award, whether she gets it or not.

We are still early on but she will have more opportunities to make her mark ( break out game against SC would put her on the radar screen!) SEC f-o-y tends to go players who put up bigger scoring numbers. But I am happy that Brooklyn is becoming a legit candidate for that award, whether she gets it or not.
I think a bit of orange tinted glasses here. Miles has done a fantastic job, especially as a freshman, of providing solid minutes at PG...mostly from the standpoint of making very few mistakes while on the court...but she isn't even close to SECFOY material. 3 pts 40% fg are not FOY numbers.

The award will likely go to a player that starts for their team and plays a major role. Jada Walker at UK is probably the frontrunner, with Spencer/Wolfenbarger from Ark as dark horses...possibly Moore from Vandy. Don't think any of the SC or UGA All Americans will be in the running. Sara would have been a stronger candidate, but her minutes and stats will go down with Burrell's return. She should make the All Freshman team though.

I think a bit of orange tinted glasses here. Miles has done a fantastic job, especially as a freshman, of providing solid minutes at PG...mostly from the standpoint of making very few mistakes while on the court...but she isn't even close to SECFOY material. 3 pts 40% fg are not FOY numbers.

The award will likely go to a player that starts for their team and plays a major role. Jada Walker at UK is probably the frontrunner, with Spencer/Wolfenbarger from Ark as dark horses...possibly Moore from Vandy. Don't think any of the SC or UGA All Americans will be in the running. Sara would have been a stronger candidate, but her minutes and stats will go down with Burrell's return. She should make the All Freshman team though.

That is kind of what I said (F-O_Y tends to go to players with better scoring numbers which also equates to minutes played) but I am saying that she could get on the radar screen with some strong performances in upcoming SEC games. She is a role player and doing a really good job at it (and getting better with each game). Her overall influence could go way up. I fully expect that opponents are going to start using the press more and more and if so, Miles' ability to break the press is going to be key. She reminds a bit of Shannon Bobbit.

I always love the SEC 6th woman award for that season. I’d say BK is making a case
Unless she heats up, I see slim chance for her making a strong case. Probably Puckett has the inside track, followed by Amihere and/or Cardoso. There are a lot of games to be played, so I don't think either has a strong lead at this point.

I always love the SEC 6th woman award for that season. I’d say BK is making a case

I mean if she keeps shutting down the perimeter, maybe she can leapfrog Boston and Key for DPOY. Just give her all three awards.

Come to think of it, Bueckers' injury leaves National POY up for grabs...

I mean if she keeps shutting down the perimeter, maybe she can leapfrog Boston and Key for DPOY. Just give her all three awards.

Come to think of it, Bueckers' injury leaves National POY up for grabs...
never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

Reactions: Benionsopinion
Yep postseason awards will always go to the scorers. But if the measure is true value to the team, Miles is way up near the top. Too bad role players are so underloved.
Agreed.....it shouldn't always be how many points you score. Her contributions to this team are valuable!

VN Store

Back