Game Thread: (7/8) Lady Vols 70 - Ole Miss 58

And neither team was Tennessee vs Ole Miss.

It wasn't going to happen even with the bottom of the bench in the game for Tennessee.
No way for you to know that. It's history. It may be a surprise to you but you are not a prophet of God. Tennessee won the game with the players Kellie wanted in there.

In addition to Geno leaving his star to play 39 minutes in a blowout game in which she got injured, his tendency to never play his bench meant they were woefully unprepared for the challenge of not having their star player. Add other injuries, illnesses, and transfers, and what you have is an incomplete team playing incomplete ball right now. VolBall09 (I think) observed their poor chemistry a few months ago and was scoffed at, but it does make you wonder.

And that's not to rub salt in the wound (maybe a lil) but to say... we've been there!

It's no mystery. You're once again picking an insignificant statement and starting an argument over it. You're a pot stirring troll who has to start conflict in order to satisfy some internal need.
The statement might have been insignificant, but it was pretty much insane.

Wrong. Again. What’s the point of arguing it? Just to make you feel like a big UConn Troll? If the coach wants to keep a couple of starters in to provide some floor experience, why is it any of your business? Just so you can argue?

Insanity would be you. In general, as a whole. It’s in the name and all. I don’t respond to you because I believe you’re truly an unstable person. I report almost every post you make here.

You serve no purpose but to troll and fight with people. I’ve never seen you offer an opinion on basketball that came with forethought and love for game. You only react to other posters and never in a positive manner.

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the admin banned you forever, but we all know you’ll be back with a new name just like before.

Insanity would be you. In general, as a whole. It’s in the name and all. I don’t respond to you because I believe you’re truly an unstable person. I report almost ever post you make here.

You serve no purpose but to troll and fight with people. I’ve never seen you offer an opinion on basketball that came with forethought and love for game. You only react to other posters and never in a positive manner.

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the admin banned you forever, but we all know you’ll be back with a new name just like before.

Exactly

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Wrong. Again. What’s the point of arguing it? Just to make you feel like a big UConn Troll? If the coach wants to keep a couple of starters in to provide some floor experience, why is it any of your business? Just so you can argue?
Did I say she shouldn't have the players on the floor she wants? No. In fact, I totally believe that coaches should be able to play who they want and when they want and not be second guessed.

I know it's difficult to understand logic, but I said it was insane to think that the reason Coach Harper had four starters in was because she was worried about losing a 12 point lead in 30 seconds. It just wasn't gonig to happen. Whatever reason she had for playing who she did is up to her and fine with me.

Insanity would be you. In general, as a whole. It’s in the name and all. I don’t respond to you because I believe you’re truly an unstable person. I report almost every post you make here.

I'm unstable but you report every post I make....uh huh......

You really have to have little faith in the bench to think there was any chance that Tennessee would lose a 12 point lead in 30 second to Ole Miss.

That is what is insane.

Did I say she shouldn't have the players on the floor she wants? No. In fact, I totally believe that coaches should be able to play who they want and when they want and not be second guessed.

I know it's difficult to understand logic, but I said it was insane to think that the reason Coach Harper had four starters in was because she was worried about losing a 12 point lead in 30 seconds. It just wasn't gonig to happen. Whatever reason she had for playing who she did is up to her and fine with me.

It’s not difficult to see your logic, kindergarten as it is, you just want to argue with posters. You know nothing about coaching so why would anyone believe your stupidity except your UConn buds.

You really have to have little faith in the bench to think there was any chance that Tennessee would lose a 12 point lead in 30 second to Ole Miss.

That is what is insane.

I'll be glad to, Bballnut1952! Here's a recent pic of Geno Auriemma enjoying another liquid lunch. He's quite the character, isn't he!?

E5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpegE5FE2D1C-36FD-4F63-9718-8A314B8C8929.jpeg

Last edited:

That is what is insane.
In the context of watching the entire quarter and how the refs were letting the game be played, Kellie needed her starters to finish the game. Nothing to gain from giving bench players 30 seconds of being mauled.

That is what is insane.
I'm not a scholar but all it takes is 1 point to lose a 12 point lead? A couple of 3pt shots and a few free throws puts you in uncomfortable single digits. I certainly didn't relax until the Ole Miss game was over. A&M on the other hand, we were cruising.

And the question isn't whether a team could gain the lead from a 12 point deficit with 30 seconds left. The question is would a coach let off the gas in the final 30 seconds when the opponent is giving their all and gaining on you. And the answer is no.

Last edited:
In the context of watching the entire quarter and how the refs were letting the game be played, Kellie needed her starters to finish the game. Nothing to gain from giving bench players 30 seconds of being mauled.
Fine with me. Like I said, it's the coaches choice.

But a poster said that Tennessee could have lost that 12 point lead in 30 seconds. That is insane.

I remember Holly losing a 10 point lead with 48 seconds to go playing A&M. The lead we had with Ole Miss was enough to win, but we weren't taking any players out with 30 seconds left and we couldn't take them out with two minutes left because the lead was 11. I'm not sure why UConn fans care so much. I guess somebody made a big deal about them having a huge lead and not subbing. I don't think it matters either way and is just a point of argument for people that like to argue.

Fine with me. Like I said, it's the coaches choice.

But a poster said that Tennessee could have lost that 12 point lead in 30 seconds. That is insane.

Double down on your stupidity. While you may have personal experience with insanity, it’s obvious you know nothing about basketball. Just argue more and show everyone just how deep your ignorance goes.

Reactions: PRG and VolBall09
I remember Holly losing a 10 point lead with 48 seconds to go playing A&M. The lead we had with Ole Miss was enough to win, but we weren't taking any players out with 30 seconds left and we couldn't take them out with two minutes left because the lead was 11. I'm not sure why UConn fans care so much. I guess somebody made a big deal about them having a huge lead and not subbing. I don't think it matters either way and is just a point of argument for people that like to argue.

He’s not interested in fact. He just wants to argue. He’s chapped that his man-idol took heat from his own fan base for not getting PB out.

Last edited:
It's unlikely they would come back from 12 down with 30 seconds but it's good practice to prepare for a future game when maybe a team is only down 6 with 30 seconds and is furiously trying to come back. Would you have the bench on the floor in that situation?

You don't coach basketball, it is not insane. All the other team needs is time outs and pressure defense.
Sure...

There was NO way that Ole Miss was capable of doing that and no way that Tennessee was capable of losing it.

If you want to say it could happen in a generic game, maybe. I mean, a poster had to find two men's games one from 17 years ago to find an example.

VN Store

Back