State Of TN misses

VoltillweFall

Does it Anger anyone as much as me seeing kids from TN go off on the big stages? Adonai Mitchell, Zion Logue, Woody, Master T. And others to come..... Just kids we've missed playing at top Schools with Significant roles 🤬 we just have to capture more than 1 out of 10 players in our home state annually. I personally know some and they didn't hate UT just our coaches didn't even recruit them near as hard as we should.

TN has to be a priority. Not a rankings guy but even to just build some bridges for future with top recruits. Gotta get some of the mid of road guys... Build some instate pipelines previous coaches broke.

Does it Anger anyone as much as me seeing kids from TN go off on the big stages? Adonai Mitchell, Zion Logue, Woody, Master T. And others to come..... Just kids we've missed playing at top Schools with Significant roles 🤬 we just have to capture more than 1 out of 10 players in our home state annually. I personally know some and they didn't hate UT just our coaches didn't even recruit them near as hard as we should.

TN has to be a priority. Not a rankings guy but even to just build some bridges for future with top recruits. Gotta get some of the mid of road guys... Build some instate pipelines previous coaches broke.
Here we go again......
horse-dead.gif

It irks me.
Ut can't win with just getting in-state players, but they need/should to be able to get the ones they really want.
I'd like to see the staff hire a well know HS coach that has connections all over the state as a recruiting analyst.

😒😒 That's what a forum is for? To make petitions to fire coaches and Beat dead horses? Jeez where else do we communicate with Vol faithful. And no I'm not downing any coaching staff... We just have to too many TN kids not dawning the orange.
Dude your title for this forum has been duplicated 1,000,000 times, you could just go resurrect one of them.

Coaching staff's are always going to have misses, AND it is exceedingly hard to fence off your state with the coaching instability we've had in the last 15 years.

I'm sure this staff is smart enough to make the same observations you made in that horse beating post

Edit: based on your profile you've been here since 2012.... if that's correct, then you knew you were beating on the ole dead horse

Teague was a 3rd string rb this year. Logue has 19 tackles in 2 seasons.

So now we're making excuses that include the whole last fifteen year hiring history of this program? That's rich. I suppose now we'll be told that a coach has to be given at least fifteen years before judging his results.

There's no need for ANOTHER thread on this topic but just further proof that Pruitt/staff did not prioritize relationships with HS coaches (especially in the mid-state area).

Logue and Teague would have been impact for us... I love the guys that want to be here, but Logue would start on every school in SEC aside from UGA and Bama. Teague would start in SEC aside from 2 schools. Maybe LSU would be a close 3rd.

IDk how much ball u actually played but the could and would help us... You see our nonexistent depth

Reactions: igotcha
I was listening to sports talk yesterday and Hubbs had dug up some crazy stat. Apparently there are 50 guys from the state of Tennessee are in the NFL right now. Of those 50, only around 8 or so went to the university of Tennessee.

Reactions: VoltillweFall
Logue and Teague would have been impact for us... I love the guys that want to be here, but Logue would start on every school in SEC aside from UGA and Bama. Teague would start in SEC aside from 2 schools. Maybe LSU would be a close 3rd.

IDk how much ball u actually played but the could and would help us... You see our nonexistent depth
Bruh, Teague NEVER considered UT...

Mitchell was NPA.

Also how many other states represented UGAs roster last night?

Like everyone else said already- we've already seen this thread 1,000,000 times.
To answer your question- NO. it doesn't bother most of us....

No, it does not anger me. Those you mentioned that don't hate UT? Do they love UT?

Now, if one of them were a Patrick Willis type scenario? That might anger me.

With all the NCAA investigation going on, it is a cloud that has to clear. Some will probaby argue against this, but it is a reality.

Yeah pipelines need to be reestablished. But Tennessee need a couple of years of a drama free lack of nonsense to make high school players in state want to be there. At the moment, after a season that exceeded my expectations for this year? If they can do better next year? I feel those instate players will become more interested. As long as they are not giving idiots in the media more reason to write their BS articles? They will get there.

Reactions: VoltillweFall

Don't care whatsoever. Talent is everywhere. Find it and develop it.

No, it does not anger me. Those you mentioned that don't hate UT? Do they love UT?

Now, if one of them were a Patrick Willis type scenario? That might anger me.

With all the NCAA investigation going on, it is a cloud that has to clear. Some will probaby argue against this, but it is a reality.

Yeah pipelines need to be reestablished. But Tennessee need a couple of years of a drama free lack of nonsense to make high school players in state want to be there. At the moment, after a season that exceeded my expectations for this year? If they can do better next year? I feel those instate players will become more interested. As long as they are not giving idiots in the media more reason to write their BS articles? They will get there.
Yeah Mitchell made a very nice play last night. He's more of a Texas kid, but he spent two years is TN.

Regardless, does that one play OR his play all -season match up to Cedric Tillman?
No. So should we lock down the state of Nevada instead lol?

I wanted UT to go after him harder, but they took Walker Merrill instead. And I'm still okay with that.

Yeah Mitchell made a very nice play last night. He's more of a Texas kid, but he spent two years is TN.

Regardless, does that one play OR his play all -season match up to Cedric Tillman?
No. So should we lock down the state of Nevada instead lol?

I wanted UT to go after him harder, but they took Walker Merrill instead. And I'm still okay with that.
He nor McConkey helps us win one more game this past year. People just love to lament over lack of instate recruiting.

It irks me.
Ut can't win with just getting in-state players, but they need/should to be able to get the ones they really want.
I'd like to see the staff hire a well know HS coach that has connections all over the state as a recruiting analyst.
no doubt, over the years ...Patrick Willis, Donta Hightower, last year Jr Colson....just linebackers, off the top of my balding head

So now we're making excuses that include the whole last fifteen year hiring history of this program? That's rich. I suppose now we'll be told that a coach has to be given at least fifteen years before judging his results.

I say we go back and re-fire the coaches we've already fired. nO MorE ExCUsEs!!!

How would you fix it? Unfortunately, geography, history, and demographic change patterns don't help UT. If I am not mistaken there are 5 and maybe 6 SEC schools closer to Memphis than K'ville. Yes, Nashville is growing and more top talent plays in the area now. But many of those kids are from somewhere else or the people who influence them (coaches, friends, et al) are from some where else. The same thing that helps UT recruit ATL, hurts UT in Nashville.

Winning and playing good football will help change it. There were 34 4/5* players in Georgia this year. UGA signed or has a commitment from 8 of those 34. In fact, they got 8 out of the top 50 in GA. For reference, UT got 5 of their top 34.

Bama signed 6 of the 15 4/5* players in Alabama.

I agree that you want to get most of the best in-state players... but recruiting is different even for top schools than it was 30 years ago. "Locking down" your state is neither as easy or as relevant to success as it used to be.

I think Pruitt thought he had to recruit on a national scale and ignored the state and severed relationships. CJH and crew did not get to start visiting in state players in person until late Fall. Give him time, I believe he will start getting more than 1 of 10 top Tennessee players to the Hill.

VN Store

Back