Y’all think Ga is up tight about this game?

It may be closer but the outcome will be the same. At the most important position in football they still have Stetson Bennett until he proves the world wrong the blame will fall on him and or Kirby.

I remember you guys absolutely destroying FSU in the Sugar Bowl.
Andy Staples had a great article about that in The Athletic. I honestly had no idea that he was a walk-on offensive lineman at UF.

I remember you guys absolutely destroying FSU in the Sugar Bowl.

Yep, see also Bama shutting out LSU 21-0.

I fully expect UGA to win big tonight. Bama is banged up at WR and OL, and UGA should be foaming at the mouth for revenge.

Yep, see also Bama shutting out LSU 21-0.

I fully expect UGA to win big tonight. Bama is banged up at WR and OL, and UGA should be foaming at the mouth for revenge.

Didn’t they say the same before the SECCG? How Georgia would dominate. We saw how that ended.

Every time that there has been a rematch of top five teams, the team that lost the regular season game won the second game by double digits. Now it isn’t a huge sample size, but still food for thought.

There is a difference in this one in that in all of the other first-time meetings, the winner only won by 1 score. None of them were the kind of massive swing that would allow UGA to win by double digits.

That said, it's going to come down to Stetson Bennett. If he handles the pressure and limits his mistakes, UGA is probably going to win. If he plays like he did in the SECCG, I don't see how UGA can overcome it.

There is a difference in this one in that in all of the other first-time meetings, the winner only won by 1 score. None of them were the kind of massive swing that would allow UGA to win by double digits.

That said, it's going to come down to Stetson Bennett. If he handles the pressure and limits his mistakes, UGA is probably going to win. If he plays like he did in the SECCG, I don't see how UGA can overcome it.

If it comes down to Bennett having to make a play Georgia will lose. The biggest UGA homer alive admitted that himself ole Dr Lou.

Historically, national title rematches favor the team that lost the first game.
Has there been more than one? I remember 1996 between Florida and Florida State in the Sugar Bowl, but that's the only rematch I can think of in a game with National Championship ramifications ....

.... and there are significant differences here. The first Florida vs Florid State game in 1996 was close, and it was played at Doak Campbell in Tallahassee, whereas the 2021 SEC Championship Game was played at a neutral site and it was 41-24. .

Has there been more than one? I remember 1996 between Florida and Florida State in the Sugar Bowl, but that's the only rematch I can think of in a game with National Championship ramifications ....

.... and there are significant differences here. The first Florida vs Florid State game in 1996 was close, and it was played at Doak Campbell in Tallahassee, whereas the 2021 SEC Championship Game was played at a neutral site and it was 41-24. .
2011 Alabama vs LSU. The only other ones are from the 50s and 60s.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

I agree with this. UGA will win or lose this because of Bennett. It’s amazing how bad Kirby has fumbled the QB position.

I agree with this. UGA will win or lose this because of Bennett. It’s amazing how bad Kirby has fumbled the QB position.

Bennett needs to play his best game, and even that may not be enough if we can't run the ball and if our defense can't get more pressure on Young than they did in the SECCG.

But I'm not sure Kirby or Monken fumbled the QB position. They wanted Daniels to be the guy since the day he showed up in Athens because he has skills that Bennett doesn't have and nobody ever denied that. But there have been rumors that there were times when he was unable to play and it wasn't clear why. At some point it felt like the coaches decided that Stetson was the one they trusted to be available and he was just more ready than the two younger guys.

Give ole SOS credit for that one. He totally won the mind game going into it. He talked all week about FSU playing dirty before etc. Then max protected for DW and burnt them deep.

Kirby ain’t SOS.

More importantly do you really want to hear Georgia fans if your prediction comes true? I’m sure you’d much rather have dinner at Roy Williams house than that.

and I know you hate ole Roy.

I would rather eat dinner at Roy’s crib and remind him about losing Mike Miller and Matt Bonner to Billy Donovan, then running to the NCAA like a little bitch about it, than live in a world where UGA is college football’s national champion.

I’ve seen it once and it wasn’t pleasant.

Give ole SOS credit for that one. He totally won the mind game going into it. He talked all week about FSU playing dirty before etc. Then max protected for DW and burnt them deep.

Kirby ain’t SOS.
I’m also pretty sure that’s the first SOS played out of Shotgun to give Wuerfell more time. FSU did play dirty that game before . They beat the hell out Wuerfel. I always despised Mickey Andrews.

Reactions: wmcovol
Good Lord in heaven dealing with espn is like dealing with the house: I just learned I get eapn until the end of the month. Should I support or say F you? There is nothing else going on .

I’m also pretty sure that’s the first SOS played out of Shotgun to give Wuerfell more time. FSU did play dirty that game before . They beat the hell out Wuerfel. I always despised Mickey Andrews.

Rumor has it Danny Wuerffel’s father had a spirited conversation with Spurrier about allowing his kid to get pummeled against Nebraska the prior season, then again in our ‘96 regular season finale at FSU.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back