Coronavirus (No politics)

I will not pretend that masks are doing anything. It is dangerous to those that are at risk from covid to make them falsely believe that a cloth or paper mask is going to protect them. If they believe that they are more likely to engage in behaviors and activities that will place them in more danger of actually catching covid.

As far as the perfectly healthy wanting to mask up to make others feel better about walking around a store... yeah, not playing that game. I am not here to make others feel good about their decisions. I am to speak truth and to walk it out. Paper and cloth masks do not work, so I will not compromise my integrity by pretending that they do.

You do understand that masks are more about preventing people who unknowingly have it from spreading it, right? It’s the same reason surgeons where a mask when they operate. Or when you go to urgent care with the flu and they make you wear one in the waiting room. Your mask protects others from YOU, not you from them.

But you do you man. As long as your ego is intact because that piece of cloth isn’t covering your pie hole.

Reactions: cardvolfan and MAD
The perception that the omicron variant is mild likely comes from the fact that it typically produces mild symptoms among the vaccinated, said Krager. Among the unvaccinated, however, it is a greater cause for concern

Omicron: Natural immunity idea ‘not really panning out,’ doctor explains

“For patients who had alpha or delta [strains of coronavirus], they seem to have next to no immunity when it comes to omicron,” Fairbrother said. “There is some evidence that there’s slightly less severity in disease, and other people have certainly seen patients who are very sick with omicron who have already had COVID. So the best protection that we have is vaccination.”

Reactions: MAD
Haven't had COVID until this omicron strand. Good news, it feels like a pseudo-sinus infection. Bad news, I'm stuck at my house for the next 5 days.

Yep, that was my experience last week. Cough, sniffles (i.e. my normal "Hey, it's cold out again" routine). By the end of the 5 days I was about to go stir-crazy, haha.

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver

VN Store

Back