Bailey & James' career shooting numbers

kamoshika

Given their abysmal 3pt shooting so far this season, it's concerning to see that both are throwing 'em up at a significantly higher clip than ever before. James' numbers are particularly puzzling; 76% of his FGAs have been 3s.

1641756350338.png

Bailey
1641756421685.png

James
1641756073832.png

Basically, as their 3 point shooting has gone from bad to putrid, it has curiously, also increased in frequency which compounds the problem for a struggling offense. I think a team's consistently poor shot selection is a reflection of coaching.

I love Barnes, but this team's offense is brutal right now. They can't shoot 3's. So why are we taking 25-30 a game?

This team has no identity. Fulkerson was supposed to be an offensive presence in the low post with our other bigs complementing him. Ball goes into the low post 1st should be how this team sets up.

Fulky wants to stand like a statue now vs get low and be aggressive. It’s almost like he’s turned into a true freshman vs a super senior. This loss of offensive production from one player is why we have lost the games we’ve lost. He should be option #1…but he has managed to hide himself on the floor. So disappointing to watch.

This team has no identity. Fulkerson was supposed to be an offensive presence in the low post with our other bigs complementing him. Ball goes into the low post 1st should be how this team sets up.

Fulky wants to stand like a statue now vs get low and be aggressive. It’s almost like he’s turned into a true freshman vs a super senior. This loss of offensive production from one player is why we have lost the games we’ve lost. He should be option #1…but he has managed to hide himself on the floor. So disappointing to watch.
True. Throw career dismal offensive metrics from James and Bailey and those are the three reasons our offense sputters often. All upperclassman. It is just baffling.

Reactions: berryvol
True. Throw career dismal offensive metrics from James and Bailey and those are the three reasons our offense sputters often. All upperclassman. It is just baffling.
Bailey and James are cheating themselves. They are extremely athletic. Attacking the rim is where they need to be. Driving to the hole. Instead they just settle at the 3pt line. Like a Latrell Sprewell type role.

Bailey and James are cheating themselves. They are extremely athletic. Attacking the rim is where they need to be. Driving to the hole. Instead they just settle at the 3pt line. Like a Latrell Sprewell type role.

I don't think they have the desire or ability to do that.

As to the numbers, that’s the offense. Last year this team miserably relied on jump shot after jump shot. John Fulkerson played exactly like he has this year.

This year, our team shoots more 3s and attempts (believe it or not) more twos in the paint

It’s a NBA style offense. And the reason people get upset when an open shot is passed up is because the rest of the team expects shooters to shoot.

Historically, and I’m sure in practice, these guys can’t light it up.

Mental blocks right now.

Reactions: berryvol
The offense does not have enough movement, little pick and roll, little pick and pop, or give and go. Post players often do not get the ball when they have the advantage on the defender. Basic 101 basketball. We have to many times a shooter hung up on the 3pt. line under 10 seconds and no one cuts or comes to the ball for a better shot. We take a terrible shot. Chandler played better Saturday, but Fulky, James, and Bailey must produce, freshmen will play like freshmen at times. Bailey had some good offensive games last season, but he has been nearly a zero this season. Fulky is having difficulty shooting over anyone stronger or taller than him, and James must go to the basket, he cannot continue shooting more than a couple of threes a game. When did James last get a two pt. field goal and one? James has never been a good shooter, he has had a few good shooting games. Barnes must get the team on the same page. Long season, but March will quickly be here in seven weeks. Team must get back to inside out basketball.

To put it bluntly, they are both head cases, similar to kickers in football. Once they lose their confidence it ain’t coming back. I wanted JJJ to shoot more a couple years ago because he actually does have a pretty decent shot but he has absolutely no confidence in himself at this point so it’s a lost cause. Just use him as a cutter and pick and roll situations.

Basically, as their 3 point shooting has gone from bad to putrid, it has curiously, also increased in frequency which compounds the problem for a struggling offense. I think a team's consistently poor shot selection is a reflection of coaching.

I love Barnes, but this team's offense is brutal right now. They can't shoot 3's. So why are we taking 25-30 a game?
Certain players on this team can shoot 3’s, as someone else pointed out. The wrong ones are doing so. I remember as a point guard my job was to get into the hands of the shooters and away from the support guys. We are doing a terrible job of that.

VN Store

Back