Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

First I watched the Bristol Rovers match, very entertaining and afterwards switched over to the QPR match, they scored at the 115 minute mark to level it 1-1 and won the penalty shootout 8-7.

Why isn’t there a tournament that matches up the winners of each countries domestic cup at the end of the season? Maybe have an elimination bracket that started with 16 country’s or even just 8 or 4?

I hate when I see an upset brewing on the scoreboard late in the match, switch the channel, and the second I put it on, the favorite takes the lead, it’s like I jinxed the game.

I hate when I see an upset brewing on the scoreboard late in the match, switch the channel, and the second I put it on, the favorite takes the lead, it’s like I jinxed the game.

Kane and Moura came off the bench in the 69th minute to wake them up. I am guessing the plan was for them not to play today.

Reactions: MAD
Just a wild guess. Go Nottingham Forest!
breakfast-club-i-hate-you.gif

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Can’t see the numbers on the shirts
It’s a worthy cause, as there have been several pretty gruesome knife attacks in the UK in the past several weeks, but I’m surprised the FA let it go ahead with the numbers being almost illegible. Seems like a huge challenge for the referees. At least needed to make the black outline a little bolder.

Obviously any support of a good cause is great, so good job on that Arsenal, but man it’s really hard to tell who is who without seeing clearly the numbers/names on the back.

It’s a worthy cause, as there have been several pretty gruesome knife attacks in the UK in the past several weeks, but I’m surprised the FA let it go ahead with the numbers being almost illegible. Seems like a huge challenge for the referees. At least needed to make the black outline a little bolder.

If I had to guess, Arsenal probably wanted to do it for a PL game, but the FA said no, but probably let them do it for a FA Cup game so no one could say the FA doesn’t care about knife crime

So…Leicester have petitioned the FA to postpone their already once postponed and rescheduled fixture with Everton on Tuesday night. Not because of a COVID outbreak, but because they have a bunch of injuries to their first squad, and five players away at AFCON. Will be an absolute joke if their request is granted.

So…Leicester have petitioned the FA to postpone their already once postponed and rescheduled fixture with Everton on Tuesday night. Not because of a COVID outbreak, but because they have a bunch of injuries to their first squad, and five players away at AFCON. Will be an absolute joke if their request is granted.

Liverpool was able to postpone their match for the cup match with Arsenal.

If I had to guess, Arsenal probably wanted to do it for a PL game, but the FA said no, but probably let them do it for a FA Cup game so no one could say the FA doesn’t care about knife crime
I bet this is exactly the case. The PL already have pretty strict rules around their uniforms, as evidenced by the fact that all teams use the same font for their jersey numbers and names. The rules are more relaxed for the cup competitions though, which is why we see some crazy fonts from time to time.

I keep seeing this term “hook” & “hooked” on Twitter when Tavares got subbed out.

Never heard it before.

Few examples

VN Store

Back