Are you gonna pull for Georgia in playoff?

Are you pulling for Georgia in the playoff

• Yes

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 236 92.5%

• Total voters
It’s fairly probable that there will be a rematch in title game between Bama and Georgia. Is anybody else kinda rooting for Georgia like me? I’m just so sick of Bama winning this thing every other year it would be nice to see a different champion and to shut the Bammers up. Since 2009 the only SEC teams to win it all other than Bama was Auburn in 2010 and LSU 2019 and they both had magical superstar heisman winning QB’s to do it and take Bama down. Now let me say I’m no Georgia fan but I think they got a decent shot at beating Bama in the rematch but it’s unlikely if they start Bennett again they must go with JT against Michigan which I don’t think will be a easy game either but that Georgia Dline should shut down Michigans run game. Can Kirby finally push the right buttons and make the right adjustments against Bama in his 5th matchup against them? That’s the big question cause he certainly has the talent in spades to win it all. Georgia despite their SEC title game meltdown is still right where any team would love to be in the playoff and controlling their own destiny just win two games and your national champs.

In the interest of the University of Tennessee, it behooves us all to root against Georgia, even vs. Bama. Bama is Bama no matter what. Bama winning another natty won't change anything in the SEC. Georgia winning will further cement things in the East. They need to continue to fail at reaching the apex so that we don't end up with a Clemson-type run within our own division.

In the interest of the University of Tennessee, it behooves us all to root against Georgia, even vs. Bama. Bama is Bama no matter what. Bama winning another natty won't change anything in the SEC. Georgia winning will further cement things in the East. They need to continue to fail at reaching the apex so that we don't end up with a Clemson-type run within our own division.
Exactly. Amazing how some fail to realize this.

Exactly. Amazing how some fail to realize this.
Amazing that some don't realize there are a lot of Vol fans that:
HOPES ALABAMA NEVER WINS ANOTHER GAME.
The ship sailed when Georgia started their run of top 5 recruiting classes.
Who a Tennessee fan wants to win the NC game means nothing.
Any who through their superior football intellect that think the outcome of the game effects the Vols in any way are being silly. Our program is so far behind the tide and dawgs we can't even see them. They are in the NC game. We beat one SEC team with a winning conference record.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Any who through their superior football intellect that think the outcome of the game effects the Vols in any way are being silly. Our program is so far behind the tide and dawgs we can't even see them. They are in the NC game. We beat one SEC team with a winning conference record.
So i guess we should just give up. Act emotionally, and jump up and down and throw a fit every time Bama wins another game?
We’re ascending right now. Heupel is in the process of trying to build a championship level program. If people don’t understand what a big deal it will be for UGA to finally win a National Title and how much that could potentially delay our building process I don’t know what to tell you. Kirby has held that program back from winning title with his QB mismanagement since he arrived on campus . If they don’t win the title because of Stetson Bennett Kirby will be blamed again for being stubborn and not being able to adapt to a modern style of offense while 5 star QB’s waste away on the bench or transfer to other programs and become first round draft picks. We need every advantage possible to help us get back to where we have been. UGA upholding their reputation as a place where good quarterbacks go to get in the transfer portal would be a huge plus for us going forward .

Last edited:
Settle down Nancy

I fail to see the connection between who wins the Natty and Josh Heupel's prospects of making UT a championship program. UT fan probably hates both Bama and UGA, for good reason. But one or the other winning the 2022 CFPNC is irrelevant to any other program's future success, IMHO. Now, croot'n, that's a whole nuther story...

I fail to see the connection between who wins the Natty and Josh Heupel's prospects of making UT a championship program. UT fan probably hates both Bama and UGA, for good reason. But one or the other winning the 2022 CFPNC is irrelevant to any other program's future success, IMHO. Now, croot'n, that's a whole nuther story...
Crutin is the only thing that matters about future program sucess.

Crutin is the only thing that matters about future program sucess.
Exactly and the outcome of this game changes nothing. Georgia hasn't won a title in 40 years but Kirby keeps reeling in those top 5 classes. Which brings up another thing. Top 10 classes use to be fairly close to one another but not now. There's a big gap in quality between the top 5 and 6-10 now. It's heavily top loaded. Not much difference in 10 thru 20

So i guess we should just give up. Act emotionally, and jump up and down and throw a fit every time Bama wins another game?
We’re ascending right now. Heupel is in the process of trying to build a championship level program. If people don’t understand what a big deal it will be for UGA to finally win a National Title and how much that could potentially delay our building process I don’t know what to tell you. Kirby has held that program back from winning title with his QB mismanagement since he arrived on campus . If they don’t win the title because of Stetson Bennett Kirby will be blamed again for being stubborn and not being able to adapt to a modern style of offense while 5 star QB’s waste away on the bench or transfer to other programs and become first round draft picks. We need every advantage possible to help us get back to where we have been. UGA upholding their reputation as a place where good quarterbacks go to get in the transfer portal would be a huge plus for us going forward .
Every Vol fan should throw a fit when AL,GA, and any other team that beats us win any games.
Winning one more SEC game is making improvement, not ascending.
Every coach in the SEC is trying to build an SEC championship contender.
Very few will even be employed at their current jobs in 5 years.`

I think Georgia wins, it is hard to beat a team twice. I don't see another 24 pt quarter for bama aganist that D. But whoever wins will not cause us to be worse than we are.

Every Vol fan should throw a fit when AL,GA, and any other team that beats us win any games.
Winning one more SEC game is making improvement, not ascending.
Every coach in the SEC is trying to build an SEC championship contender.
Very few will even be employed at their current jobs in 5 years.`

I think Georgia wins, it is hard to beat a team twice. I don't see another 24 pt quarter for bama aganist that D. But whoever wins will not cause us to be worse than we are.

I actually think that winning 1 more sec game than the previous season is ascending, and the fact that we looked like a much more capable team than we have the previous 3 years means things are indeed moving in the right direction . Moving upward .

I never said a team winning will make us worse than we are, I just think UGA winning a title makes our long term goals that much longer.

We’ll just agree to disagree here.

SEC Shorts are about 50/50 between hit and miss. I think this one about Georgia "scouting" Alabama is okay. The takeoff on Quint in Jaws from the 1:00 to the 1:40 mark falls flat, but there are worse ways to spend 3 minutes, I suppose.

... and Alabama has won 6 of the last 12 National Championships. What's 1 more? I can not fathom how insufferable Georgia fans will become if they win this game. If you're a Tennessee fan, you should be for Bama.

This is very true. Let's be honest, losing 14 straight to Bama has pretty made TSiO irrelevant. It's no longer a rivalry. I just look back the direction of TN and GA since we beat GA back in '16. It's better for TN that GA lose, we don't need them to gain further momentum and validation via a Championship. Makes it harder for us to catch up with GA.

Reactions: tbones0711
The family started the Big John’s BBQ restaurants, not sure any are open now. Four cousins of mine; Robert now lives in Lawrenceburg, Joyce, Diane, and Linda married Jimmy Hensley they still live in Howenwald.
Big John's is still here I think its operated by a different family. But it's still a really good place to eat .I've heard of them great family

Reactions: OldVolMan

VN Store

Back