NIL Ideas

barney

What if we used this site as a platform to auction off player memorabilia? Players wouldn't necessarily have to interact with the site if we used a third-party to broker the relationship. Could be used as a tool to drive recruiting if we auction off signed stuff from players after they commit. No idea how much money they would earn, but it would be a great way to use VolNation as a force for good!

Reactions: Vol8188
look like college football player are at acution players to the highest bider. maybe tha players that get nil money should pay their own way to school instead of a free ride. just my openion

Reactions: iuvol
look like college football player are at acution players to the highest bider. maybe tha players that get nil money should pay their own way to school instead of a free ride. just my openion
I've said for years that each athlete should get their room and board, books, meals, clothing, tutors, medical, plus incentives via direct deposit. Pay the taxes and then have them pay for everything on their own.

Reactions: Big Orange Rob
What's the difference between a football player making money on the side and a kid on an academic scholarship working at Applebee's? They're both just making money where they can.

And there's a notion that all players are making bank. I really don't think that's as widespread as people think.

Last edited:
A little off topic but I’ve always felt athletes should receive a monthly stipend (call it date money). This would be administered by the NCAA and distributed equally To all D1 schools athletes. All schools would contribute to the fund.

These kids can’t work during the season. give them some mad money in addition to their scholly and NIL. Maybe $500/month during the season.

why can't the players just start a fans only account? i mean, if you are THAT desperate. Heck, start you a Tennessee only app if you are that desperate. fart in bottles.

you are talking about players makeing millions a year not just spending money

here is a better suggestion, the UTAD needs to allocate whatever money is needed to be used for NIL. It should be the number one expense on the budget. I mean, you just got outbid for the number one player in the nation living in your backyard by a team that has never done anything on the football field to warrant a class like this.. That is inexcusable. Deion Sanders just got two five star players at freakin jackson state. that would have been the equivilant of Peyton Manning signing with Maryville College. the only reason a player has to go to jackson state in a normal cycle is because no one else wanted them. I was afraid from day 1 that UT would bungle the NIL when it could have been a major weapon to improve this team, and they did not let me down. From the first day this was even an idea, UTAD should have been putting in infrastructure to be on top of this, figuring out ways to get the right people in touch with the right players. but all this bunch of idiots knows how to do is fleece fans out of another $500 a seat for season tickets. if you told me that $250 of that 500 was going in to a NIL fund, I would be a lot more willing to shell out the extra money. If $250 was taken out of each of the, say, 60,000 fans who buy season tickets, you have a $15,000,000 fund to start with. But i know, if you did that, how could the UTAD executives get the big raises and take the nice trips. can't have that stuff go away, now, can we?

Reactions: VolfaninBrentwood
Each university should set up a trust fund for every athlete. When the athlete gets NIL money the full amount is placed into the fund. The athlete can access the fund anytime and withdraw a fixed % of it. When the athlete graduates or turns professional or leaves the university the entire balance is turned over to the athlete.

What if we used this site as a platform to auction off player memorabilia? Players wouldn't necessarily have to interact with the site if we used a third-party to broker the relationship. Could be used as a tool to drive recruiting if we auction off signed stuff from players after they commit. No idea how much money they would earn, but it would be a great way to use VolNation as a force for good!

There is a market for player memorabilia. That could be their spending money.

They need someone they can trust to help them manage their money. It’s not school money, it’s their money. Don’t spend it all in one place.

It’s my understanding that their housing allotment is a set $. If they get a couple or roommates they can save on housing and spend the difference at their discretion.

Personal appearances at the Mouse's Ear or the Emerald Club are not recommended.

YEAH!!!!
DO AWAY WTH IT!!! ( as it now stands)
I know it's too late to close the barn door, the horse is gone. But as it is now structureless (seems anything goes) some fast control/expectable rules must be put in place. All the rules put forth will not work, but could be changed or done away with as fast as they are put in place. In know more confusion, but at least time will iron out the problems and the pay for play will not be so disgusting.

There’s a lot of folks on this site who really need to read what is known about NIL. That might stop a lot of the silliness from some of these 🤡.

VN Store

Back