NCAA Division I Football Championship: Montana State Bobcats vs North Dakota State Bison (ESPN2 Noon)

NDSU was the team that knocked out ETSU which turned out to be Randy Sanders last game.

Still can’t believe that ETSU embarrassed Vanderbilt.

Reactions: VolPack22
Montana St lost their starting QB on the first drive of the game.

Man everyone complains about how predictible FBS has become with the same teams making the championship every year, it's got nothing on FCS with North Dakota St.

Reactions: GVol1966
NDSU was the team that knocked out ETSU which turned out to be Randy Sanders last game.

Still can’t believe that ETSU embarrassed Vanderbilt.
I believe NDSU and ETSU have a home-and-home series scheduled in 2024 and 2026 also.

Reactions: MAD
Man everyone complains about how predictible FBS has become with the same teams making the championship every year, it's got nothing on FCS with North Dakota St.

To be fair, only states with populations smaller than Nashville care about FCS

That is how you impose your will on the opposition. 5 guys with 40+ rushing yards. 3 out of the 5 with 80+ yards. Montana St didn’t have a chance.

I think they could compete in the PAC-12 or Big 12. They are clearly the most talented team each year in FCS. They have already proven they can beat teams in the Big 10 and Big 12. I could see them being a middle of the road Power 5 team if they were afforded the same resources as everyone else. But idk if they want to do that. Do they like being the biggest fish in the small pond or would they be ok with being a regular size fish in the big pond?

I think they could compete in the PAC-12 or Big 12. They are clearly the most talented team each year in FCS. They have already proven they can beat teams in the Big 10 and Big 12. I could see them being a middle of the road Power 5 team if they were afforded the same resources as everyone else. But idk if they want to do that. Do they like being the biggest fish in the small pond or would they be ok with being a regular size fish in the big pond?

They would obviously need to recruit better players to stay constantly middle of the road. I don’t know how many 18 year olds are itching to move to Bismarck, North Dakota and if I had to guess, there’s not enough in state talent in North Dakota for them to rely on that. Just a guess though.

They would obviously need to recruit better players to stay constantly middle of the road. I don’t know how many 18 year olds are itching to move to Bismarck, North Dakota and if I had to guess, there’s not enough in state talent in North Dakota for them to rely on that. Just a guess though.
It seems they could just keep recruiting who they’ve been recruiting and beat some Power 5 teams. Just take all the TV and conference money and funnel into facilities. They might be able to get a couple 4 or stars along the way. At the very least they would be more deserving to be in the Power 5 than teams like Kansas and Vanderbilt. They’ve beaten Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Kansas, and Kansas St. They were suppose to play Oregon last year but Covid happened so we will never know how that would have turned out. Especially if they had Trey Lance running the show.

It seems they could just keep recruiting who they’ve been recruiting and beat some Power 5 teams. Just take all the TV and conference money and funnel into facilities. They might be able to get a couple 4 or stars along the way. At the very least they would be more deserving to be in the Power 5 than teams like Kansas and Vanderbilt. They’ve beaten Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Kansas, and Kansas St. They were suppose to play Oregon last year but Covid happened so we will never know how that would have turned out. Especially if they had Trey Lance running the show.

I guess it all circles back to your original point, big fish, small pond, or big pond, small fish. Is winning FCS championships or the Birmingham Bowl more important?

VN Store

Back