'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

While it may have all been rumors, a boom seems appropriate. While Kentucky likes to think they’re going to get sweet revenge against us for all the years of curb stomping, we continually bite their head off on and off the field.

1641592448067.gif

While it may have all been rumors, a boom seems appropriate. While Kentucky likes to think they’re going to get sweet revenge against us for all the years of curb stomping, we continually bite their head off on and off the field.

View attachment 426688

All three of those will break your Teeth.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
Glad to have him from a depth perspective. But I really want to see him take that next step and reach his potential. He’s got a tendency to take plays off and lacks pass rushing moves. Hopefully his mind is right and take the coaching from RG.

It’s not the NIL that’s so bad. I have no problem with a player doing commercials for a local business, etc and making some money or even getting a car.

It’s the NIL plus freedom to leave anytime you want & be eligible immediately that’s crazy. It’s total free agency in college sports. And its only getting worse.

So you think he got fired for doing nothing wrong?
I think he probably got fired for doing what he thought he had to do under the previous administrations. I get both sides, if DW and his people thought Abernathy may have been somehow tainted by, or possibly even implicated in the Pruitt shenanigans, then I understand why they would think he needed to be let go, conversely I could see Abernathy thinking he had done nothing to get fired for...

That of course is a hypothetical speculation. It could rather just be that they wanted their own person to fill that position, or maybe there were differences over what they want from the position now...

It could be a lot of things that aren't necessarily nefarious.

Last edited:
It’s not the NIL that’s so bad. I have no problem with a player doing commercials for a local business, etc and making some money or even getting a car.

It’s the NIL plus freedom to leave anytime you want & be eligible immediately that’s crazy. It’s total free agency in college sports. And its only getting worse.
It’s only a one time transfer without having to sit out. It’s not like they can just keep transferring after every year.

So It’s not really free agency. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I said if he feels that way. There has been plenty of people that get caught up in following the direction or orders from bosses. They may not even be aware of being part of something nefarious at the time. That doesn't change the consequences after the fact. Everything in life isn't so black and white. There's a lot of gray that can be interpreted from varying points of view. Tyler's situation is an unfortunate side effect of a much bigger situation.
I agree, but if Tyler is capable of abstract thought he should be able to understand if that were the case.

He entered the portal with the intention of leaving, that’s quitting on your team IMO.[/QUOT

Such an ignorant take. Athletes that choose to go to another school are not quitters. Stop with the BS shaming attempts. They have every right to make those decisions and it has nothing to do with quitting. Pathetic…..

Realistically, is your father more important or thousands of fans who you don't even know? Baron has been 100% bought in from day one. This situation is very unique and it concerns feelings of loyalty to family. His head and heart are all Vol, but his heart is also loyal to his father. Life is sometimes bigger that this football team. Bigger than football in general. We need to step away from our orange fandom sometimes and remember that we are human beings, but maybe that's too much to ask.
If he's torn then he's not 100% bought in.

Crazy y’all want a dude back that quit on his team and was going to a rival school.
I guess you would consider a few Vol greats as quitters because they contemplated leaving early in their career...but there was no transfer portal that made it public. He's in a tough spot and wasn't sure what he wanted to do, so he put his name in the portal so he could talk to other schools AFTER THE SEASON (he didn't quit on the team). Now he's decided to come back. That's a good thing. He's got a lot of potential and I look forward to watching him play for the Vols.

VN Store

Back