Gene Chizik & Kevin Sumlin have new Gigs

I’m hoping the USFL sustains their success this time. Once upon a time there were some bonafide stars in that league. Reggie White, Herschel Walker, Steve Young, and Jim Kelly come to mind.

Anything that will cramp Lord Roger Goodell's style and the NFL in general, I'm all for it...

I’m like 95% sure these game are gonna be on the NFLN

I’m like 95% sure these game are gonna be on the NFLN
The NFL network tie in may signal the beginning of whatever replaces college football as the minor leagues. All the NFL owners may decide it better to finance a development league than compete with college football. The idea of a football monopoly has to be intriguing to them.
The thought of controlling all the TV money certainly makes them smile. Think of the Saturday games we might enjoy The Nashville Volunteers vs the Jacksonville Gators or maybe the Atlanta Bulldogs vs the Los Angeles Trojans possibly have the Cleveland Buckeyes vs The Houston Longhorns as the nightcap game. The billion dollar NFL stadiums are empty on Saturdays. If done correctly the NFL could very quickly own the Saturday football market.

Sumlin just never could really build sustained success at ATM and I thought he was going to kill it there.

VN Store

Back