Are you gonna pull for Georgia in playoff?

Are you pulling for Georgia in the playoff

• Yes

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 236 92.5%

• Total voters
There are a ton of ways you can sum up their dominance, but the most impressive might be that under Saban, there have only been 3 seasons where Alabama was a non-factor for the national title late in a season - 2007 (his very first season), 2010, and 2019. 3 times in 15 years. It's absolutely absurd.

The perspective of the Alabama fan in their early 20s and younger is so skewed that it'll be impossible for them to cope with a run of 10-2 seasons, much less anything worse than that.

A string of 9-3 seasons would trigger an event much like Jonestown on a large scale .

This is how I am. College football is over.
I second this. Season pretty much turned out as expected. GA and Bama were the two best teams, with Ohio State a close third. I hate Ohio State, but I would have loved to see them play play GA instead of Michigan. The kryptonite for that GA defense is a QB and WR combo that can test GA's secondary. Unfortunately, I think GA wins this second round of the match-up. GA will pressure Young, like they failed to do in the SECCG. GA fans will be insufferable.

I second this. Season pretty much turned out as expected. GA and Bama were the two best teams, with Ohio State a close third. I hate Ohio State, but I would have loved to see them play play GA instead of Michigan. The kryptonite for that GA defense is a QB and WR combo that can test GA's secondary. Unfortunately, I think GA wins this second round of the match-up. GA will pressure Young, like they failed to do in the SECCG. GA fans will be insufferable.

Kirby is coaching UGA.........He will crap his pants like he always does against Saban.....He will also play Bennett who is a game manager

Even if uga wins the rematch, they essentially split with Bama, in a down year in CFB, having had their butts handed to them the first game. Yay??

No respect for that trash program. None whatsoever. If they win, there is a group in here that will bend a knee and suck up, hoping the uga fans will like them and see them as "reasonable". I will not be among them.

Reactions: rltw1974
Even if uga wins the rematch, they essentially split with Bama, in a down year in CFB, having had their butts handed to them the first game. Yay??

No respect for that trash program. None whatsoever. If they win, there is a group in here that will bend a knee and suck up, hoping the uga fans will like them and see them as "reasonable". I will not be among them.

Good Lord. That's like saying if New England beats Tampa Bay in the regular season, but then the Bucs beat NE in the Super Bowl, that they "essentially split"? Whatever...

You hate UGA. We get it. And I couldn't care less about any UGA trolls. This is for every UGA, UK, Bama, and whomever troll who stinks up VN: Hoss, if you have to show up in an opposing teams fan blog and thump your chest to feel good about yourself, by all means have at it. If coming here and talking smack is what makes you feel big, then you are no threat to me at all whatsoever, in no way, shape, or form. Nor do you impress me. But you go right ahead and do your thing.

I'm a VFL. I want UT to win 'em all. But I know they can't, and I don't make or lose a single dollar either way when they win, or lose. I'm just a fan. Always will be. So, for example, a UK fan coming on here to brag about 10 wins and being ranked bothers me about as much as the proverbial obnoxious 5-year old at Walmart. I just tune them out and let them bleat. Besides, how can you come here and brag when (a) we beat you this year, and (b) up until the last few years, we used you as a tune-up game for Vandy. See how that works?

UGA fans don't bother me at all. I work with a bunch of them. Got a few Bammers running around as well. If I have to pick between the two, I'd rather see Kirby get his first instead of Nicky trying to figure out which finger he's going to pick his nose with next year.

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch...Go Vols.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
SEC Shorts are about 50/50 between hit and miss. I think this one about Georgia "scouting" Alabama is okay. The takeoff on Quint in Jaws from the 1:00 to the 1:40 mark falls flat, but there are worse ways to spend 3 minutes, I suppose.

... and Alabama has won 6 of the last 12 National Championships. What's 1 more? I can not fathom how insufferable Georgia fans will become if they win this game. If you're a Tennessee fan, you should be for Bama.

Last edited:
Pull for the mangy mutts? Never. Hell no. Life in GA is bad enough as it is. Give those folks another natty and I can only try to imagine how insufferable it would become.

screw Georgia.

I hate both teams equally, but if Bama wins it will be just another one for saban, but if the pups win, you wouldnt hear the end of it from their ****** fanbase. Besides I still like throwing up 1980 to them.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Here is what will happen:

Georgia will get the lead. They will have the lead late into the third quarter. Kirby will then go into "try not to lose mode," take his foot off the gas worried about Stetson making mistakes, Saban will recognize the moment, Alabama will pour on the pressure, and Georgia will lose. Again.

Georgia will get the lead. They will have the lead late into the third quarter. Kirby will then go into "try not to lose mode," take his foot off the gas worried about Stetson making mistakes, Saban will recognize the moment, Alabama will pour on the pressure, and Georgia will lose. Again.
Nah, Alabama blows them out like they did in Atlanta.

The last two games were eerily similar... even had the same score.

October 17, 2020 - Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Georgia .... 24
Alabama .. 41

December 4, 2021 - Atlanta, Georgia

Georgia .... 24
Alabama .. 41

In both games, Georgia started out hot, but then faded fast once Alabama got the lead.

The last two games were eerily similar... even had the same score.

October 17, 2020 - Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Georgia .... 24
Alabama .. 41

December 4, 2021 - Atlanta, Georgia

Georgia .... 24
Alabama .. 41

In both games, Georgia started out hot, but then faded fast once Alabama got the lead.

Yes, but the first one (October 17) was more like the two games that preceded it (NCG and SECCG), Georgia had a third quarter lead and lost in all three. The difference between the October game and the previous two was Alabama's offense has changed its nature. The Dec 4 game, Alabama just rolled them after the first quarter and it really was not in doubt by halftime.

While some on here think he cannot coach (which is bull by any objective measurement), I think he has a weakness in depending on his defense too much and not realizing the changed nature of offenses in today's game. Saban adapted; Kirby hasn't in that respect.

Feels a little different this time. I think Dawgs finally get it done. Awful hard to beat a team twice in a month. Can be done, but it is difficult. And I expect I will go to work the next day.

Feels a little different this time. I think Dawgs finally get it done. Awful hard to beat a team twice in a month. Can be done, but it is difficult. And I expect I will go to work the next day.
It feels no different at all. Same kind of game, same result.

Alabama is really banged up. A lot more than the SEC championship game.
Yep. I think the Dawgs get over the hump. Thought that a month ago to tho lol. This is def going to be their best chance in awhile. Metchie really hurts and I think I read they're down 2 backs. Williams is a hell of a receiver but he's about all they have thats proven and he's more of a deep threat. Metchie moved the chains.

As much hate as stetson gets he's actually a pretty good QB. Has the second highest qbr in the nation. Hooker is #16 now. Hookers pass rating is 181. Stetsons is 177. #3 and #4 respectively. If he don't turn it over and they can get some pressure on young they'll win

Yep. I think the Dawgs get over the hump. Thought that a month ago to tho lol. This is def going to be their best chance in awhile. Metchie really hurts and I think I read they're down 2 backs. Williams is a hell of a receiver but he's about all they have thats proven and he's more of a deep threat. Metchie moved the chains.

As much hate as stetson gets he's actually a pretty good QB. Has the second highest qbr in the nation. Hooker is #16 now. Hookers pass rating is 181. Stetsons is 177. #3 and #4 respectively. If he don't turn it over and they can get some pressure on young they'll win
Agree with this. If Bama's qb is sitting back there on a stool waiting for guys to get open, it will be another long night for UGA. He is a lot less efficient if he has guys in his face.

I think Georgia has a chance. A lot will depend on Bennett. He can't play like he did on 12/4, and if he does, then Kirby Smart needs to pull him before the game gets out of hand. Smart stubbornly stuck with him last time. Georgia also has to find a way to apply pressure on Young. They have to take some heat off the secondary.

The part I placed in bold comes with a few caveats. That can be true if the teams involved are on equal footing in terms of talent and coaching. I'm not sure if that's the case here or not. Saban and his staff seem to have a pretty good handle on how to attack Georgia's defense.

I think Georgia has a chance. A lot will depend on Bennett. He can't play like he did on 12/4, and if he does, then Kirby Smart needs to pull him before the game gets out of hand. Smart stubbornly stuck with him last time. Georgia also has to find a way to apply pressure on Young. They have to take some heat off the secondary.

The part I placed in bold comes with a few caveats. That can be true if the teams involved are on equal footing in terms of talent and coaching. I'm not sure if that's the case here or not. Saban and his staff seem to have a pretty good handle on how to attack Georgia's defense.
UGA does not match up all that well (scheme-wise, not in terms of athletes) with Alabama, and has worse in-game coaching. Alabama's defense, while not a traditional Saban lock-down defense, still has a good front seven. It's their secondary that is suspect at times. Fortunately for Alabama, UGA plays Stetson Bennett at QB, who is a fine game manager but not the best equipped for pushing the ball vertically down the field and attacking a secondary with his arm.

Saban is going to make Bennett try to beat them with his arm (again), and I'm not sure he can. And UGA's secondary, which has been good all year (except in the SECCG), better play a lot better.

Key to the game. The problem with pressuring him is, you have to keep him behind the line of scrimmage. If he gets loose for 12-15 yards, and they keep moving the sticks on 3rd down, UGA's 99, 88, 95, and 44 will not be effective after Bama's 2nd possession. Those guys are built for a couple 5-7 yard bursts per series. If they are pursuing Bama's qb to no avail, the final result will likely be similar to last month's.

VN Store

Back