Game Thread: (7/9) Lady Vols 70 - Arkansas 63

And for the haters who will say “her percentage wasn’t any better last season.” We know for a fact she was not healthy and was playing through pain. Kellie confirmed as much numerous times in pre-season interviews. Her primary narrative was how excited she was for Jordan to play healthy and pain free.

I hope Dye's numbers go up. She gets a lot of decent shots near the rim and misses some that are very makeable. Brooklyn does not look for her shot very much except for when she has a clear lane to the rim.

Brooklyn could really benefit from a mid-range jumper. I think her offensive game will evolve. It’s definitely her defense and decision making getting her minutes so far.

This wasn’t the only time that exact behavior by that exact player wasn’t called. He was obviously putting her in to foul and they weren’t calling it. She barely plays for Arkansas. He was telling her to get in there and be physical. On almost every play she was in this is how she “defended” Tamari. Twice Tamari was called for retaliation “foul” which was mostly just her trying to get away from her.
Blood 🩸 boils…

And for the haters who will say “her percentage wasn’t any better last season.” We know for a fact she was not healthy and was playing through pain. Kellie confirmed as much numerous times in pre-season interviews. Her primary narrative was how excited she was for Jordan to play healthy and pain free.
Horston doesn’t have haters. There is only one regular hater of all things Lady Vol and we know his name. Madtown brought up the subject of Horston’s play. There is nothing wrong in discussing someone’s shooting percentage or defense or whatever. We have had several games that have come down to a fourth quarter comeback. As games get tougher, that may be harder to do. Several posters here believe Horston is more comfortable as a facilitator rather than a shooter. If she is not scoring well, for whatever reason, if she’s missing numerous shots, she needs to be more of the facilitator she can be, until her shots start to fall. In yesterday’s game, Rae was open several times, but no one got her the ball. Btw, Keyen is shooting at 58% along with Tamari. We have a great team and the Sky is the limit. No haters here.

GO LADY VOLS!

I missed it too and Mike Neighbors was upset?!?! Kellie and crew should send that into the SEC office and to Mike Neighbors to let them both know that is totally uncalled for.

So when people say well TN shot so many free throws! Well look at this $#!+ and tell us why... this wasn't even called. smh

Mike worked the refs effectively,,,that is the difference

I thought the same thing looking at the box score. Why is JH taking the most shots? It's a good point that she shoots more bc she creates her own shot more, and is a relatively decent ft shooter.

I used to want Jordan Horston's offensive game fixed for the team. Now I really want it fixed for her. (OK and the team). She seems like such a good teammate and kid and her ongoing shooting and handling woes have to be driving her crazy. It's so frustrating bc she seems so close and so loaded w potential.

I can't put my finger on why she can't get her numbers up after two full years in the program. You'd think just the odds would catch up and she'd have a hot shooting streak, but not so far. I'm far from an expert, but her shooting form looks ok to me. Do we think nagging injuries, which really seemed to have popped up every year for her, have messed w her mechanics?

Indecision and over anxiousness w the ball? That would explain the turnover problem as well. Sometimes she seems to make easy shots and passes more difficult than they needed to be. I hope the return of Rae will help JH relax and let the game come to her.

This team benefits so much fm everything else JH does and I know she wants to be the complete player we've been hoping to see. But so far, she's been a career offensive under-achiever. I'm rooting for her to scale that mountain, don't see why she can't.

Personally I need her to shoot better it shouldn’t but it’s gonna look poorly on how Kellie Harper couldn’t coach the #2 ranked player to get drafted in the 1st round and other college coaches might make Jordan an example of why highly ranked recruits shouldn’t go to TN

Y’all I might be paranoid 😭😭😭

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Personally I need her to shoot better it shouldn’t but it’s gonna look poorly on how Kellie Harper couldn’t coach the #2 ranked player to get drafted in the 1st round and other college coaches might make Jordan an example of why highly ranked recruits shouldn’t go to TN

I've long said the successful development of JH, our most elite recruit, is crucial for future elite recruiting.

CHW gifted us with several highly ranked recruits that either couldn't get drafted or got drafted low, hung on, worked hard, got coached up, and became the great players they should have been in college (Mercedes Russell for one). We became known as Underdevelopment U. It's so important for KJH to break that mold with JH.

But I swear I want it even more for what seems to be a really good kid trying hard.

I think with Jordan, it's more about decision making than anything. She still tries to pressure the defenses but she winds up getting swamped and not able to dribble out or loses the ball. When she has a legit one-on-one, I don't think there are many that can stop her but her decision making sometimes results in tougher shots than need be. We need all of Jordans game like rebounding and assists. Jordan has a great game....just needs to stay with her strengths.

I hate to admit to having favorites but Jordy is my favorite. Has been since she arrived on campus with all that typical freshman goofiness but also with potential like we have seen maybe only six other times for the Lady Vols.
She does everything for the Lady Vols including doing the dirty work of defending and rebounding. She also seems to be the consummate teammate. We have seen instances of her offensive potential and if we can keep her healthy I believe we will see that much more the rest of this season.
She will make is proud this year and for many years to come. She is that sort of kid!

I'm rooting for her to scale that mountain, don't see why she can't.

For one, she can't stay healthy.

The other problem is between the ears. Think Jarrett Guarantano. Occasionally you see glimpses of why she was such a highly rated recruit, but all too often she can't seem to channel her emotions constructively as mistakes and missed shots continue to snowball on the court.

Raw talent clearly isn't the issue and ideally she should be the #1 option as we're approaching the midway point of her junior season, even with a fully healthy Burrell. Unfortunately, it's difficult to ever see her overcoming her physical/mental obstacles for that to happen...

Reactions: glv98
I've long said the successful development of JH, our most elite recruit, is crucial for future elite recruiting.

CHW gifted us with several highly ranked recruits that either couldn't get drafted or got drafted low, hung on, worked hard, got coached up, and became the great players they should have been in college (Mercedes Russell for one). We became known as Underdevelopment U. It's so important for KJH to break that mold with JH.

But I swear I want it even more for what seems to be a really good kid trying hard.

Wouldnt Rennia be a product of Kellie helping her elevate her game? Rae Burrell is predicted to go in the first round ?

I def want Horston to develop a more consistent shot but she is an all around player and while she doesn't shoot it the best she is getting it done.

If recruits are looking at development i hope they see the overall development and not just shooting... but they should start with Rennia and Rae which kellie has her finger prints all over and look at Key now 😃

Again, i want to see her (horston) develop more and be lethal and i believe her shot selection needs to be better and we would see her percentages go up.

Wouldnt Rennia be a product of Kellie helping her elevate her game?
Rennia's turn around should def be seen as a Kellie accomplishment. One of her best achievements so far.
If recruits are looking at development i hope they see the overall development and not just shooting
Don't think so , not in this case. If JH leaves here best remembered for defense and rebounding I'm afraid it will be looked on as lack of development in exactly the area we need development most - offense.

Rennia's turn around should def be seen as a Kellie accomplishment. One of her best achievements so far.

Don't think so , not in this case. If JH leaves here best remembered for defense and rebounding I'm afraid it will be looked on as lack of development in exactly the area we need development most - offense.

Rennia's development AND Rae's.

i guess it would depend on how/if she was drafted. I'll tell you this Mike T with washington would love a kid like Jordan Horston and would make the most out of her because he likes versatile players and they all develop shots under him. If you have a coach and can say hey look at how i got these players drafted the results sorta speak for themselves ... Again that's not something we have to worry bout til next year though 😃

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Mike T with washington would love a kid like Jordan Horston and would make the most out of her because he likes versatile players and they all develop shots under him. If you have a coach and can say hey look at how i got these players drafted the results sorta speak for themselves
Sorta, and you love it for the kid when they finally get the development. But it could also be looked at as "See it was there all along just didn't get developed by college coach'. Exactly like Mercedes Russell and Diamond DeShields.

Sorta, and you love it for the kid when they finally get the development. But it could also be looked at as "See it was there all along just didn't get developed by college coach'. Exactly like Mercedes Russell and Diamond DeShields.

Trust me i see what you're saying. But before that's a thought they may want to get rid of the Ole South type of school thing...

This isn't absolving Jordan from improving or Kellie from developing her but TN has some other demons they gotta shake too that may be more detrimental than JH right now.... JH and TK getting drafted could only help the LV I agree and seeing them develop would make it all the sweeter.

Last edited:
Trust me i see what you're saying! But before that's a thought they may want to get rid of the Ole South type of school thing...

This isn't absolving Jordan from improving or Kellie from developing her but TN has some other demons they gotta shake too that may be more detrimental than JH right now.... JH and TK getting drafted could only help the LV I agree!

Not wanting to open up a can of rotten worms or fall down the rabbit hole, but could you elaborate a little? Thanks.

Not wanting to open up a can of rotten worms or fall down the rabbit hole, but could you elaborate a little? Thanks.

So coaches have used TN and why would you go there when people like you don't get the full support or they just want you shut up and dribble narrative has been used.

"I heard/saw TN was in the gym trust me kids like you don't fit in there". These are the types of narratives i have heard before in some recruiting tactics.

When i tell people stuff on here i will never completely reveal things because people have entrusted me but i don't just talk about things i've pulled from my a$$ either... lol

I believe this fan base is one of the best if not the best and kellie is doing it right and making a difference and getting the attention of kids in urban areas like the DMV so trust me that's a good thing!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back