Woman’s basketball tv announcers

vettefool

my wife and I have had lady vol tickets since 1990. After about a couple of years or so of Holly Warwick we began to give our tickets away, when we could. We have now returned to the fold with Kellie. Hope she continues to improve our performance. She and her coaches still have a way to go to become elite

that being said I just had to watch some of the womens Auburn-Alabama game while eating dinner. My wife was watching so I, being a good husband didnt complain. I couldn’t get over the effort of the announcers to make it entertaining to their listeners. There was probably 1000 fans in the stands max. My wife and I probably got the tv viewers to four figures. Two mediocre, at best teams but those announcers were putting in great effort to get excited about the game. I had to be impressed. Mickey Dearstone couldn’t have done much better, and he actually cares who wins.

Let's not have any complaints against Kellie! She is still relatively new to coaching and has done a heck of a lot better than Warwick ever did. We are fortunate to have her.

I agree we are fortunate to have Kellie. I think she is doing an outstanding job as coach of the Lady Vols! But she is not “relatively new to coaching.” If you meant relatively new to coaching the Lady Vols in particular, then yes, you could say that.

I have zero complaints about Kellie. But like everyone else I do have hopes she’ll soon add more recruits at the level of Justine Pissott or better.

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely adore every player we have on the team right now, and think they are all doing those Tennessee uniforms proud. The attitude and pride and fight in this group blows my mind.

But it will still be fun when Tennessee finally gets its next Top 3-level recruit. Kellie is getting nibbles more regularly, but I know she’d like to get that next big one into the boat. It’ll happen!

I agree we are fortunate to have Kellie. I think she is doing an outstanding job as coach of the Lady Vols! But she is not “relatively new to coaching.” If you meant relatively new to coaching the Lady Vols in particular, then yes, you could say that.

I have zero complaints about Kellie. But like everyone else I do have hopes she’ll soon add more recruits at the level of Justine Pissott or better.

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely adore every player we have on the team right now, and think they are all doing those Tennessee uniforms proud. The attitude and pride and fight in this group blows my mind.

But it will still be fun when Tennessee finally gets its next Top 3-level recruit. Kellie is getting nibbles more regularly, but I know she’d like to get that next big one into the boat. It’ll happen!
We have to add the recruits that is 75 percent of coaching at least. I don't see any people being called great coaches out there that doesn't have the talent to make them great coaches.

Reactions: Amb3096 and volnut1
my wife and I have had lady vol tickets since 1990. After about a couple of years or so of Holly Warwick we began to give our tickets away, when we could. We have now returned to the fold with Kellie. Hope she continues to improve our performance. She and her coaches still have a way to go to become elite

that being said I just had to watch some of the womens Auburn-Alabama game while eating dinner. My wife was watching so I, being a good husband didnt complain. I couldn’t get over the effort of the announcers to make it entertaining to their listeners. There was probably 1000 fans in the stands max. My wife and I probably got the tv viewers to four figures. Two mediocre, at best teams but those announcers were putting in great effort to get excited about the game. I had to be impressed. Mickey Dearstone couldn’t have done much better, and he actually cares who wins.

And this has what say/do with the UT announcers as to their being good or so-so. Not "calling out out" but remember this a UT SPORTS SITE. At least try to tie your threads to our sports programs.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

So glad you have returned to the fold. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Let's not have any complaints against Kellie! She is still relatively new to coaching and has done a heck of a lot better than Warwick ever did. We are fortunate to have her.
I didn’t see any complaint against Harper. She is NOT relatively new to coaching. She might be better coaching than Warlick, but no recruiting, at least not yet.

And yes she is relatively new to coaching at this level
I didn’t see any complaint against Harper. She is NOT relatively new to coaching. She might be better coaching than Warlick, but no recruiting, at least not yet.
and yes she is relatively new to coaching at this level!

False. She recruited a class ranked by all in the top 15 in the country. That class has two rotation freshmen on the 7th ranked team in the country. For her next class, she has the #11 player signed. She's also recruited rotation players Green and starters Walker and Dye as transfers, all major contributors. How is that "no recruiting?"

False. She recruited a class ranked by all in the top 15 in the country. That class has two rotation freshmen on the 7th ranked team in the country. For her next class, she has the #11 player signed. She's also recruited rotation players Green and starters Walker and Dye as transfers, all major contributors. How is that "no recruiting?"

Not surprising her work to assemble a winning team with recruits and transfers is not recognized in a drive-by. Things are going well but we are entering a part of the schedule that will require stamina and focus. This team appears tough to the core and they are going to get a chance to show everyone how far they have come as a team.

Not surprising her work to assemble a winning team with recruits and transfers is not recognized in a drive-by. Things are going well but we are entering a part of the schedule that will require stamina and focus. This team appears tough to the core and they are going to get a chance to show everyone how far they have come as a team.
Talk dirty to me Ricky…

No recruiting was a bad classification on my part. Compared to a couple of Warlick’s classes, Top 15 is quite a drop.

No recruiting was a bad classification on my part. Compared to a couple of Warlick’s classes, Top 15 is quite a drop.

I get what you're saying TN had a top ranked class (albeit with Evina westbrook and Annie hayes) and a follow up class that was top 5. I'm sure Holly had another top 10 class in there so ranking wise Kellies classes are not as highly ranked.

You didn't say she couldn't coach and didn't knock on Kellie i think what could be taken from this is the way her freshman are playing Kellie spotted talent in underrated players so she can recruit with success but her classes just aren't as highly ranked (yet... also like you said 😃)

Two simplistic ways to evaluate recruiting. First is short-term and uses evaluations by media services. Choose the players they pick and get a ranking in a recruiting poll. Fans cheer. Second is long-term and uses player development and teamwork. Both will get you to championships. Which is best?

Two simplistic ways to evaluate recruiting. First is short-term and uses evaluations by media services. Choose the players they pick and get a ranking in a recruiting poll. Fans cheer. Second is long-term and uses player development and teamwork. Both will get you to championships. Which is best?

I think that the 2nd measure is obviously the more meaningful one. But there's also no denying that with proper coaching, it's easier to achieve #2 if you lock up #1...unless you happen to have snagged players that ended up not being nearly as good as their HS prospect rankings.

Reactions: Rickster
I know the fans are cheering for development and teamwork at the moment! …while rivals are ducking for cover….
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Holly…… You are so silly !

Kelly came in after your class of ( Horston, Key, Saunders and Rennie). When a new coach is hired !!!!! ALL OF THE INCOMING RECRUITS DONT HAVE TO KEEP THEIR COMMITMENT! But you already knew this ……. Jordon H. Could have gone to any school she wanted too when You were fired ! Key at 6’6” top fifty center …. How many of those are available? These players had to be Re recruited and talked into believing in coach Kelly . She got Marta , a starter as a freshman from another country ! She also got Darby with Marta and considering she did not even have a full year to recruit this class ,,,,, not too shabby !
Her FIRST real class is Sara , Stricklin , Wynn, Miles , and they are a top ranked class. Not in the top five class but still ranked ….. 2022 is bringing in a top 11 ranked player ….,, Rae is the last player that you recruited and we saw what you did with her her freshman and sophomore’s years and what ONE year under Kelly …. She is a top ten draft pick ?
If we can stay in the top ten teams by the end of the year ? The top recruits will start committing!
JMO

Holly…… You are so silly !

Kelly came in after your class of ( Horston, Key, Saunders and Rennie). When a new coach is hired !!!!! ALL OF THE INCOMING RECRUITS DONT HAVE TO KEEP THEIR COMMITMENT! But you already knew this ……. Jordon H. Could have gone to any school she wanted too when You were fired ! Key at 6’6” top fifty center …. How many of those are available? These players had to be Re recruited and talked into believing in coach Kelly . She got Marta , a starter as a freshman from another country ! She also got Darby with Marta and considering she did not even have a full year to recruit this class ,,,,, not too shabby !
Her FIRST real class is Sara , Stricklin , Wynn, Miles , and they are a top ranked class. Not in the top five class but still ranked ….. 2022 is bringing in a top 11 ranked player ….,, Rae is the last player that you recruited and we saw what you did with her her freshman and sophomore’s years and what ONE year under Kelly …. She is a top ten draft pick ?
If we can stay in the top ten teams by the end of the year ? The top recruits will start committing!
JMO
Harper has not gotten the classes Warlick got recruiting-wise. You can spatter all the things you want, but your talk is just talk. That being said, stars don’t guarantee success. They might increase the chance you succeed, but coaching plays a big role as well.

VN Store

Back