'23 GA CG Kanaan Carlyle

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the post from BUBear in this thread say….

“His finalists include Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Kansas, and Stanford with the buzz sounding to be a tight battle between Stanford and Baylor as we head down the final stretch.”

I don’t see Tennessee’s name anywhere in there.
I thought I remembered him adding Tennessee to his top 5, essentially making it a top 6. Not that I expected to land him since there's been no buzz.

I thought I remembered him adding Tennessee to his top 5, essentially making it a top 6. Not that I expected to land him since there's been no buzz.

Yeah, that very well could have happened, I’m just not certain. Either way, it doesn’t sound like we’re landing him so I guess it’s a moot point lol 🤷🏻‍♂️

Florida ought to be cut, regardless, if the kid watched them play. How White attracts top talent is inexplicable.

Chris, I ask this question with a lot of their sport's teams. I think the biggest attraction is the weather. I commanded an Army Bn in Hawaii. On my worst days....the weather usually made it better.

Chris, I ask this question with a lot of their sport's teams. I think the biggest attraction is the weather. I commanded an Army Bn in Hawaii. On my worst days....the weather usually made it better.

But it’s Gainesville. I’d go to USF or Miami if I cared about the weather and surroundings.

That's awesome. It's a bit surprising that Hawaii doesn't attract more talent than they do just based on location. If the Pac-12 were to theoretically pick them up as a member, it could be a considerable upgrade to the attraction.

As for Florida, the weather is great in the winter, but Gainesville is an absolute dump.

I worry about White being considered for the job whenever Barnes retires, since it’s Danny White’s brother.

I seriously hope he doesn’t go that route.

Freak, it's not just AD White. Coach Mike White was offered a five year deal at Tennessee under AD Dave Hart. Coach Mike White asked for advice from his father... AD at Duke. His father's advice was negotiate a six year deal. Our guy balked and thought Donnie Tindall was a better deal ($$$). If you understand Tindall hiring ultimately led us to Coach Barnes...Hart passing on White may have been the right decision.

During the summer anywhere in Florida that isn’t on the coast is oppressively hot/humid and sometimes on the coast also.

Agree, further south like Miami is oppressively hot even in the winter. But, if I am one-and-done and know that already, and maybe a little immature, and visit Knoxville in the middle of December, I'm not feeling it, so to speak.

VN Store

Back