Florida recruiting - yikes

I wonder how Saban would have faired if he was called into military service during his coaching prime? Also, has Saban ever had 17 straight shutouts and 71 consecutive shutout quarters? Also, has Saban ever had 5 undefeated seasons within a 6 year period? Who was undefeated against the great Bear Bryant? I’m having trouble recalling his name…someone help me out?
You're saying Neyland was the GOAT? Orange colored glasses much?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
You're saying Neyland was the GOAT? Orange colored glasses much?
I don’t think Saban could do what Neyland did in his era along with managing his military duties. Saban is by far the greatest modern day college football coach but Neyland went undefeated against the coach they claimed to be the greatest before Saban come along. Bear Bryant said Neyland taught him everything he knows so it seems he thought Neyland was the best.

I don’t think Saban could do what Neyland did in his era along with managing his military duties. Saban is by far the greatest modern day college football coach but Neyland went undefeated against the coach they claimed to be the greatest before Saban come along. Bear Bryant said Neyland taught him everything he knows so it seems he thought Neyland was the best.
There's a reason teams didn't allow a score during that period all season and yes there were more than just TN that did it. Saban wouldn't be out of place if you dropped him off 80 years back. GN, knute, the bear, etc wouldn't know what they heck they were watching now. It's not even debatable. Waaayyyy different times

Bryant said that...then went on to have a better career than Neyland. Every coach learns from previous coaches. Neyland also went undefeated against Bryant when he was at UK, which has not been and likely never will be a football school.

Bryant said that...then went on to have a better career than Neyland. Every coach learns from previous coaches. Neyland also went undefeated against Bryant when he was at UK, which has not been and likely never will be a football school.
Doesn’t matter who Bryant coached, he still didn’t beat Neyland…

You say he had a better career but stats say otherwise. He never beat Neyland so how can he have a better career?

So why didn’t he beat Neyland though?
Because Kentucky is a basketball school. Outside of 1953-1959 (right after Neyland left UT and Bryant left UK, oddly enough), there has never been a period of time where UK has beaten UT.

Bryant achieved what he achieved in part due to the fact that he was the head coach at Alabama. I don't think Bryant would have won 232 games and 6 national championships at Central Michigan.

You say he had a better career but stats say otherwise. He never beat Neyland so how can he have a better career?
You're really judging both of their entire careers off of just the head-to-head matchups they had with each other? That's like saying Lloyd Carr is a better coach than Nick Saban because he went 3-2 against Saban when he was at Michigan St.

Bear Bryant had a better career than Neyland because he won 6 national and 14 SEC championships. Neyland had 4 and 5, respectively.

You're really judging both of their entire careers off of just the head-to-head matchups they had with each other? That's like saying Lloyd Carr is a better coach than Nick Saban because he went 3-2 against Saban when he was at Michigan St.

Bear Bryant had a better career than Neyland because he won 6 national and 14 SEC championships. Neyland had 4 and 5, respectively.
Neyland may have had more if he wasn’t an Army general and he also won Southern conference titles too. And didn’t cheat

Because Kentucky is a basketball school. Outside of 1953-1959 (right after Neyland left UT and Bryant left UK, oddly enough), there has never been a period of time where UK has beaten UT.

Bryant achieved what he achieved in part due to the fact that he was the head coach at Alabama. I don't think Bryant would have won 232 games and 6 national championships at Central Michigan.
It’s funny that he won so much after Neyland retired…

Reactions: Rickyvol77

5-0-2. That’s what Bryant was to Neyland. Stats don’t lie.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

5-0-2. Stats don’t lie.

You base Bryant’s entire career off 7 games. Cool.

Is Lloyd Carr a better coach than Nick Saban?
No, I’m judging him head to head against his peer. He couldn’t win a single game in 7 opportunities. That’s a pretty large sample size whenever you are dealing with head to head matchups. Fact is Bryant couldn’t crack the General’s code and break through. And Lloyd Carr was a better coach before Saban went to Alabama. Much better in fact. Lloyd Carr won roughly 75% of his games in his career. Nick Saban won roughly 68% of his games at his first 3 stops, then was a mediocre to downright bad NFL coach. Then he magically starts a dynasty at Alabama.

Seriously, take off the orange glasses. We all love Neyland. He was a great coach. But he isn’t in Sabans league. Nobody is. There is Saban and then everyone else. You don’t think Saban could have done what Neyland did. Well I highly doubt Neyland could have come close to what Saban has accomplished.

Seriously, take off the orange glasses. We all love Neyland. He was a great coach. But he isn’t in Sabans league. Nobody is. There is Saban and then everyone else. You don’t think Saban could have done what Neyland did. Well I highly doubt Neyland could have come close to what Saban has accomplished.
Your opinion is noted. Here is a simple comparison. Most would agree that Dabo and Clemson have been Alabama’s greatest adversary, yet the great Nick Saban is only 2-2 against him. If he is the greatest to ever do it, why does he have a losing record against them? Should he not be 4-0 if he is as great as everyone claims him to be? Neyland was 5-0-2 against his greatest rival but Saban is 2-2 against his. I’m not wearing orange colored glasses, I’m just stating facts.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back