SEC: 0-4 So Far in Bowl Season

Oh good lord. The sec is the best conference and there's not an argument that can be made it isn't. Half the conference recruits in the top 15 for Pete's sake. With that said, yes the top 2 or 3 teams any given year is what carries it but outside of Bama the teams can and do change. Bama, GA, lsu have all played or won a national championship in the last 3 years which alone is ridiculous. Auburn and Florida have also won a championship that we've all seen. Name another conference that can say that about 5 teams this century

Reactions: Rickyvol77
List TN’s since 2000. List TN’s last CFB championship. List the last time TN has won a title outside of WBB.
In no order: Miami, Michigan, California, Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Fresno St, Va Tech, Ga Tech, NC State, Duke, Rutgers, Air Force, Indiana
23 national titles in all sports, 8 in womens bball

Oh good lord. The sec is the best conference and there's not an argument that can be made it isn't. Half the conference recruits in the top 15 for Pete's sake. With that said, yes the top 2 or 3 teams any given year is what carries it but outside of Bama the teams can and do change. Bama, GA, lsu have all played or won a national championship in the last 3 years which alone is ridiculous. Auburn and Florida have also won a championship that we've all seen. Name another conference that can say that about 5 teams this century

Zero. But just say best teams. The best conference chant is for those whose teams don’t compete for conference or national titles. It’s consolation.

In no order: Miami, Michigan, California, Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Fresno St, Va Tech, Ga Tech, NC State, Duke, Rutgers, Air Force, Indiana
23 national titles in all sports, 8 in womens bball

Murderers row, huh? 😆 Good Lord.

Reactions: BUBear
Zero. But just say best teams. The best conference chant is for those whose teams don’t compete for conference or national titles. It’s consolation.
Again except the SEC has had multiple programs win it. Best top to bottom which is why the Big Ten and Big 12 and ACC keep falling short when they play them. Playoffs. BCS. Regular bowls. More often than not the SEC dominates no matter the team.

Someone isn’t smart enough to understand the discussion. Tennessee in the worst 15 years in its history accomplished more than Baylor every thought about.

I understand it. What 15 years do you consider the worst?

*ever*. Ever thought about. Just thought I’d use that GED to help you correct your grammar.

It would seldom matter to Bama and UGA yet other programs would fall below the 6 win threshold for bowl eligibility.
Fair. I agree with that. Too many bowls anyway. Good luck to your Bears tonight and congrats on the great bball win earlier.

Well yeah those have been the best teams most recent but they're also all in the same conference which is what this thread is about. There's not another conference that has more than 2 teams, when at their best, that could win a championship. Sec has at least 5. Literally a 1/3 of the conference has won a recent championship. More than that if you subtract newcomers mizz and a&m

Who begged? OU turned down the SEC before. 🤣

“Also the SEC wins titles in nearly every sports....” Puhleeeese. Certain teams win titles. BB it’s been KY. In WBB it’s TN. Baseball, usually Vandy. Every conference has a brand program. For SEC it’s Bama. Other than the very few teams winning championships, the SEC is just another run of the mill conference.

This post is beyond hilarious. The SEC is the premier conference in collegiate sports. You can try and say different but you are wrong.

Well yeah those have been the best teams most recent but they're also all in the same conference which is what this thread is about. There's not another conference that has more than 2 teams, when at their best, that could win a championship. Sec has at least 5. Literally a 1/3 of the conference has won a recent championship. More than that if you subtract newcomers mizz and a&m
I disagree with the part about no other conference having more than two teams that can win a title if they were at their best. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State could all win a title at their best. Same with USC, Oregon, and Washington in the P12.

This post is beyond hilarious. The SEC is the premier conference in collegiate sports. You can try and say different but you are wrong.

Naw. Just as I said, conference loyalty is for those whose teams don’t compete.

Case in point:

Me realizing another all SEC championship ….

View attachment 425088
I don’t even care. Just watching UGA and Bama dominate is sickening.

Naw. Just as I said, conference loyalty is for those whose teams don’t compete.

Case in point:

Me realizing another all SEC championship ….

View attachment 425088
I don’t even care. Just watching UGA and Bama dominate is sickening.

Nah. Just like I said. You are wrong. And you thinking you are right is even more hilarious.

7-6 is mediocre, come get me when we finish a season with 10-11 wins and in the AP top 10.
7-6 is not great, but considering where we were a year ago we’re not on the same trajectory or lost wandering in college football purgatory. Not my job to come get anybody. You can pay attention if you want .

7-6 is not great, but considering where we were a year ago we’re not on the same trajectory or lost wandering in college football purgatory. Not my job to come get anybody. You can pay attention if you want .

I agree, we got a decent coach. I am just pointing out that we made a bunch of mistakes that made us from winning 9-10 games in the 1990s and early 2000s to the mess we are in today.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I disagree with the part about no other conference having more than two teams that can win a title if they were at their best. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State could all win a title at their best. Same with USC, Oregon, and Washington in the P12.
How many other conferences could have 10 teams win a Nc at their best?

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back