Cade Mays declares for the NFL Draft

Gerald Mincey had better be what he’s cracked up to be because all that talk of Crawford and Davis improving during bowl prep was clearly just talk. They both got abused by bad Purdue DLine without its best player.

what is Mincey cracked up to be? He played 50 snaps in 10 games. A mop up player on a bad Florida team... I'm afraid fans are expecting way too much out of a kid that has lots of development in front of him.. he might end up winning a job in the first game but it will be rough sledding as he learns what to do...

Probably doesn't want to risk more injury. And people in Knox are notorious for giving bad advise. You can formulate a list relatively quick, of players that if they would have stayed one more year, they could have improved their draft stock exponentially...

Does he really project that well? I just don’t see it
I would think he would want to have a full healthy season where he can show off his skills, which I don’t think we fully saw this year
I don’t know that he’d have a full healthy season.

Reactions: Raebo
Mays didn’t play much vs OM, Bama & Ga if I recall correctly. Maybe Pitt also.

Good luck to him.

I just hate it for him because before this season he was being looked at as a potential first rounder. Injuries really tanked his stock. I wish the man the best. The risk of further injury vs. an NFL shot is too great. On the bright side, I think Andy Reid is pleased with taking chances on Tennessee lineman. Who knows.

Reactions: Gandalf and jp1
Maybe if Gerald gets some good coaching and coaches and players who actually care about you,he will blossom.Take a look,you can see that that did not work with Cedric Tillman,did it?

Reactions: alavolfan
"Greg Amsler:

Gerald Mincey had better be what he’s cracked up to be."

Mincey couldn't crack Florida"s thin, weak first string O Line and you have him pegged as that?

What moon are you on?

"Florida was expecting him to be a starter. We shouldn’t be complaining."

Wrong!!!!!!!

Florida was hoping he'd be a starter like any other signee. Didn't pan out. Never happened. Wasn't good enough.

So now he's gonna be great for us?

Stop pretending.

We have bodies that can be coached at OL. Year 1 to Year 2. These guys are going to have a full offseason in the weight room and be in year 2 of the program. Excited for the OL this fall.

VN Store

Back