Stubhub

GoVols#18

Stubhub says that the IRS is going to start taxing our gross ticket sales as income. Its not clear yet if the IRS will give us credit for how much we paid for those tickets or if they will give us a tax credit for losses. I will be trying to sell more here instead of Stubhub in the future.

Stubhub says that the IRS is going to start taxing our gross ticket sales as income. Its not clear yet if the IRS will give us credit for how much we paid for those tickets or if they will give us a tax credit for losses. I will be trying to sell more here instead of Stubhub in the future.

Does it say the gross sales will be taxed or that the gross distributions will be reported to the IRS if it is $600 or more? The IRS doesn’t tax revenue on gains without allowing the cost to be deducted. That would never hold up in court.

It’s not a bad thing to tip the IRS off to brokers that might be evading their legitimate (per the tax codes, not the immorality of taxing everything) tax liability.

Last edited:
I've rarely sold tickets anywhere other than here or FB (when I had one).

VN Store

Back