Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

So is this the main reason Arsenal fans are upset at the reffing? I didn’t get to watch the game. I found this replay and the Mahrez penalty replay. Mahrez penalty, as soft as it was looked like a penalty to me. This one did too though. The only thing I can think of with this call not getting a VAR review is if Arsenal players doesn’t step down on the keepers foot as he’s coming in, he probably gets the ball pretty cleanly and it wouldn’t be a foul. That said, still looked like a penalty to me. I also found a replay of the missed open goal though so yeah it’s easy to blame the ref but that shot was a big miss from Martinelli. Should have been 2-1.

Last edited:
So is this the main reason Arsenal fans are upset at the reffing? I didn’t get to watch the game. I found this replay and the Mahrez penalty replay. Mahrez penalty, as soft as it was looked like a penalty to me. This one did too though. The only thing I can think of with this call not getting a VAR review is if Arsenal players doesn’t step down on the keepers foot as he’s coming in, he probably gets the ball pretty cleanly and it wouldn’t be a foul. That said, still looked like a penalty to me. I also found a replay of the missed open goal though so yeah it’s easy to blame the ref but that shot was a disgrace from Martinelli. Should have been 2-1.

I will say, I can’t find video of the red card anywhere. What happened on that?

I will say, I can’t find video of the red card anywhere. What happened on that?

It was a second yellow, Gabriel first got a yellow right before the penalty kick, he was trying to disrupt the kick by digging his cleat into the spot.

Tomorrows Liverpool vs Chelsea game is going to be interesting, if it’s played that is. With all of the Lukaku **** going on and all of the Covid cases and injuries between both teams plus Klopp testing positive and won’t be at the game, it’s not gonna be a traditional clash between these two teams.

Reactions: DocVOLiday and MAD
Gabriel grabs on Jesus who falls dramatically, it was a weak penalty.

View attachment 425179View attachment 425180View attachment 425181
I think the card was really issued more for breaking up the play. Jesus had taken a fantastic first touch off his chest and had basically turned Gabriel in the open field and created a 3 on 2 where City were running at full speed against the Arsenal CBs had he not barged into him. Nothing dirty, just a professional foul which would have been an otherwise innocuous yellow had Gabriel not already been on a yellow for stupidly scuffing the penalty spot a couple minutes earlier.
C56243DE-92EB-42C8-94AC-1875A6B9FF3A.png

Reactions: MAD
I think the card was really issued more for breaking up the play. Jesus had taken a fantastic first touch off his chest and had basically turned Gabriel in the open field and created a 3 on 2 where City were running at full speed against the Arsenal CBs had he not barged into him. Nothing dirty, just a professional foul which would have been an otherwise innocuous yellow had Gabriel not already been on a yellow for stupidly scuffing the penalty spot a couple minutes earlier.
View attachment 425191
What the hell was he thinking about scuffing the spot I do not know !! Gabriel gave them that game.

Man City is the Bama of the Premier League. So many calls seem to go their way. That said, Gabriel is an idiot. He was playing on a yellow (a weak one, but whatever). He had coverage behind him. You don’t make a play like that.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
Man City is the Bama of the Premier League. So many calls seem to go their way. That said, Gabriel is an idiot. He was playing on a yellow (a weak one, but whatever). He had coverage behind him. You don’t make a play like that.

My wife has slowly been learning about the different teams in the PL and I compared Man City to Alabama and she automatically hated them haha

Reactions: C/O and MAD
I still see ManU as UT The ability to play down and lose games they should win. Piss poor management and overall leadership leading to terrible team chemistry, terrible managerial hires, and perpetual underperformance. As soon as the team starts to do well and has some positive press, the positivity goes to their head and they implode. Oh and fans who still live in the “glory days”.

My wife has slowly been learning about the different teams in the PL and I compared Man City to Alabama and she automatically hated them haha
Hell, they're even more annoying than Alabama. Alabama had a great history and program success before Saban. Man City didn't do much of anything for their entire history until an oil sheik bought them 13 years ago, but their fans kind of act like they created the sport.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol

VN Store

Back