Georgia could lose almost the whole D

It pains me to say this because I despise UGA, living 30 minutes from Athens has a little to do with my hatred, but even losing all starters on defense and their DC is only going to be a minor hiccup. They are extremely deep with talent and their in-house discipline and culture is so strong, they will not miss a beat. I foresee Muschamp being promotes to DC and rebranding himself with their elite talent and deep pockets. It’s no secret that the AD and boosters made a commitment to Kirby, when he was hired, that they would not spare any expense for recruiting and resources and we are starting to see the results of it. Basically anything Kirby wants, he gets.
Unlike my beloved Vols until recently, no one outside the AD or Kirby meddles with the football program.
I keep waiting on a cancer to form inside their program and/or to hear about an investigation of some sort as I think those are the only two things that are bound to happen and can quickly erode away the giant that’s building in the, ”classic city.” It couldn’t happen to a more worthy program, except maybe Bama or Florida.

Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.

No, for everyone who fails to pay attention to recruiting rankings. That what stacking number 1 classes will do. Lol. May not be what is this year but still be damn good still be elite.

The joy Gator fans get from beating UGA is the same we get from beating them. It's the sweetest feeling in the world. I know KY fans feel it when they beat us, It's a indescribable feeling that stays with me all year. I hope like hell I get to feel it again this Sep. We won't have a better chance to win for a long time

We enjoy beating UGA more than you guys enjoy beating us.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.
And they'll fill the holes with more 5 star talent. The old reload vs rebuild saying applies here.

Sure it was.

Our opinions differ…it happens.
It's not an opinion.

YOU MIGHT enjoy beating GA more than SOME of US guys, but your statement the way its worded is false.

You're the smartest gater on this board, I expect more from you.

It's not an opinion.

YOU MIGHT enjoy beating GA more than SOME of US guys, but your statement the way its worded is false.

You're the smartest gater on this board, I expect more from you.

Agree to disagree.

It’s not a popular opinion here, which is completely understandable.

They have 20 more just like them on the roster now. UGA's 2nd team defense was better than UT's defense this year. UGA won't miss a beat.

UGA continues to recruit well enough to overcome Kirby Smart's coaching......and his haircut.

Flame away.
Have you looked at their recruiting classes for the past five years? And now with portal transfers to correct what few mistakes they do make in recruiting, it is just reload time. They may not go undeafeated regular season, but they will be hands down favorites to win the east.

Agree to disagree.

It’s not a popular opinion here, which is completely understandable.
I don't care if you disagree or not, it's not popular because it's not fact. It's dumb to even suggest, and that too is a fact and not opinion.

I'm not a gatervol like some of these people around here so Im not going to disparage our football team just to prove to you exactly how you're wrong, and wrong you are.

I understand you're a gater and because your team won the last contest between the two teams that you think you're smarter, just like the Georgia fans, you guys are alot alike btw, and that is an opinion that I'm fine with.

I don't care if you disagree or not, it's not popular because it's not fact. It's dumb to even suggest, and that too is a fact and not opinion.

I'm not a gatervol like some of these people around here so Im not going to disparage our football team just to prove to you exactly how you're wrong, and wrong you are.

I understand you're a gater and because your team won the last contest between the two teams that you think you're smarter, just like the Georgia fans, you guys are alot alike btw, and that is an opinion that I'm fine with.

Again, we agree to disagree.

That’s all…thanks for responding. I value your opinion.

Georgia could lose almost their whole D and the drop off would be minimal if any impact. Dreamers might see it another way...

They played the second half with a walk-on at safety that was faster than Tennessee's safeties. A WALK-ON!

I forgot as well, Bennett was a WALK-ON out of high school... they are playing in the NC game with a walk-on quarterback..

Keep dreaming dreamers.

Flame away.

200.gif

Just kidding!!!!

Reactions: VOLNPA

VN Store

Back