Tonight revealed one thing…

tampavolsfan

Heupel still has a long way to go before he is an elite coach. I like Heupel, and he has done some good things this year, however, he should have never been considered for Coach of the Year.

The final possession of tonight’s game proved my point. Benefit of the doubt - Hooker just forgot that we could actually kick a field goal. No idea what that whole last series during regulation was about.

Should have never went to OT.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous that anyone thought he had shown himself to be an elite coach before this game. We had a good year. We slightly exceeded expectations. We played an exciting brand of football, but we are a long way from elite anything. After 3 seasons with that slack jawed gump and Fulmer though, we're lucky to be as well off as we are. It could be worse. Count yo blessings and GBO. Also to hell with Brohm and Purdue, add them to our long list of future revenge opponents.

Yeah, but we still got screwed by the refs. Obvious defensive holding on Purdue's CB.

Plus, both plays our wr was wide open streaking to the endzone. Hooker just missed the 1st one and the 2nd one should have been defensive holding.

No one would be complaining if the players or refs did their job.....but nope Huepel gets the blame

He just needs some players...

How long have we been saying that? How many years? For crying out loud. We can’t even beat a middle of the pack B10 team that had their best offensive and defensive players out.

If Bell would have played they likely would have ran us off the field. This was a pathetic game from Heupel. He has to own it. So does the staff and players as well. TN had a great chance to make a true statement to cap off a great year. Instead, they came out and played like crap.

It's ridiculous that anyone thought he had shown himself to be an elite coach before this game. We had a good year. We slightly exceeded expectations. We played an exciting brand of football, but we are a long way from elite anything. After 3 seasons with that slack jawed gump and Fulmer though, we're lucky to be as well off as we are. It could be worse. Count yo blessings and GBO. Also to hell with Brohm and Purdue, add them to our long list of future revenge opponents.

I don’t recall seeing anyone say Heupel was elite.

Criticize all you want, CJH had the right play calls and Hooker missed the first throw. Refs missed the penalty on the second. In overtime I have no problem going all out for the TD, especially when we get it but the refs just decide "lol no". Its extremely dumb to criticize him this game I think. He trusted his players to execute and even when they did, the refs wouldn't allow it.

Last edited:
Heupel still has a long way to go before he is an elite coach. I like Heupel, and he has done some good things this year, however, he should have never been considered for Coach of the Year.

The final possession of tonight’s game proved my point. Benefit of the doubt - Hooker just forgot that we could actually kick a field goal. No idea what that whole last series during regulation was about.

You mean the game winning TDs that were wide open? Yeah…clearly the problem there was coaching.

We lost due to really bad officiating and really bad dbs

How long have we been saying that? How many years? For crying out loud. We can’t even beat a middle of the pack B10 team that had their best offensive and defensive players out.

If Bell would have played they likely would have ran us off the field. This was a pathetic game from Heupel. He has to own it. So does the staff and players as well. TN had a great chance to make a true statement to cap off a great year. Instead, they came out and played like crap.

AS long as it takes. When you're hit as hard as we were by transfers, you've got to take that into account. Don't ya think? just a little?

‘good post and nice take on the situation. I think we should be willing to let Heupal grow into the job. Considering the last few numbskulls we’ve had he is far and away the best of the bunch. GO VOLS

VN Store

Back