Purdue Picks

Who will win and how competitive will it be?

• UT by 14 or more

Votes: 332 47.8%
  • UT by 7-13

Votes: 264 38.0%
  • UT by less than one TD

Votes: 84 12.1%
  • Purdue by less than one TD

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Purdue by 7-13

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Purdue by 14 or more

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
Tennessee should be the more motivated team. Purdue shouldn't be able to score with Tennessee, But, Tennessee needs to get some 3 & Outs so the Defense isn't playing 40 minutes. Lots of points in this one. Tennessee by 10-14
I've watched some Purdue game video over the last few days. They're slow. They remind me of Vandy except they have a better OL and Vandy is probably a little faster at the skill positions.

Football match ups can always surprise you but I think this one gets out of hand in favor of UT early. They will struggle with UT's spread and tempo. Their QB is an absolute statue.... slowest QB UT has seen this year. He's probably slower than all of his OL's. UT has gotten a lot of TFL's this year even facing faster RB's and QB's. If UT gets any push at all up the middle then they should have a field day with TFL's and sacks.

I voted 14+. If both teams bring their A game, I cannot see any way Purdue keeps pace with UT. It is possible UT has some bad luck, key injuries, or plays poorly. but outside those scenarios, I like UT bigly in the MCB.

I expect us to be ready to play and I think we'll play with a lot of enthusiasm. Not disrespecting Purdue, but our history vs. the B10 in bowl games does not bode well for them.

I'll take the Orange to win by 7-13. Just a WAG but I believe if Purdue had their choice they would rather play someone else.

I think it will be a competitive matchup. Vols by 10-12 points. 38-28 type of game.

I am not sure why (B1G) but I have the feeling that this will be like the Mizzou game. We jump on them early and never look back. I have not watched any of the Purdue video but I just "feel" it.

There isn’t really a comparable offense that Purdue faces in the Big Ten, Ohio State probably being closest.

Between that and them losing 2 of their best players, I think we win this but I don’t think we blow them out.

34-24 is my guess

There isn’t really a comparable offense that Purdue faces in the Big Ten, Ohio State probably being closest.

Between that and them losing 2 of their best players, I think we win this but I don’t think we blow them out.

34-24 is my guess
That hoss defensive end of theirs would make me nervous given that we don’t know who our right tackle will be. Him not playing is big.

Who voted for Purdue to win?
aaa.jpg

As long as we don't get hosed by COVID, we should pull away from them.

Our players are faster and our fast-paced high tempo offense will be too much for them.

Purdue player losses hurt much more than ours as they lose their 2 best players. They are without potential 1st round picks at David Bell at WR and LB George Karlaftis on Defense (predicted 5th overall). They won't have their backup QB for the game either. You just never know when that could affect things.

We are missing Alontae Taylor.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Think about it this way

We won the first quarter 10 to 7 against UGA

We had a 14-7 lead on Bama at one point

Could Purdue do that?

Doubt it. This all boils down to how locked in we are.

I could see us peter out in the second quarter and let them back in the game and it stay close, but if we stay consistent at all its a wrap.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

VN Store

Back