Tennessee - Memphis cancelled

With all the talk about team chemistry issues between the younger and older guys, this may work out for the best. Prefect team bonding opportunity.
I wish they would have televised the Scrimmage it would have been a great advertisement. Maybe later in the Season ESPN will do a 30 on 30 segment and show what a class act CRB truly is on and off the court.

University of Miami forfeited their women 's baskeball game with Duke University on Thursday. The game was forfeited due to COVID-19 issues at Miami. There was no attempt to reschedule or postpone...which is what I understood was NCAA protocol this year.

The reason I say this is ESPN has posted that the game between University of Tennessee and Univetsity of Memphis is postponed (not forfeited).

Insight anyone?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
FG51MyCXMAALZ1d

I am not a detective, but it appears Cohen is dressed to go to the game - so probably this morning - can you people from Nashville identify where that is?

FG51MyCXMAALZ1d

Who's this clown - says he's a state representative from Memphis and it was taken an hour ago - looks like it was at Memphis' hotel in Nashville. Did this player test negative?
Even if he did - it's a bad look.
Cohen is also wearing a Memphis STATE t-shirt. Memphis has worked hard to shed that state stuff from its branding. Nice job, chicken boy!

Cohen is a United States Congressman from the Memphis area.
The KFC box may be a reference to the congressman's previous antics. Last year during a house hearing, Congressman Cohen brought a box of KFC into the hearing where he proceeded to eat chicken during testimony. He was trying to draw attention to witnesses who had declined to testify. He was labeled "Chicken Man."

Idiots like Cohen is exactly what is wrong with our government today.

University of Miami forfeited their women 's baskeball game with Duke University on Thursday. The game was forfeited due to COVID-19 issues at Miami. There was no attempt to reschedule or postpone...which is what I understood was NCAA protocol this year.

The reason I say this is ESPN has posted that the game between University of Tennessee and Univetsity of Memphis is postponed (not forfeited).

Insight anyone?
Seeing that it just happened this AM prior to Game Time ESPN doesn't make the Call, NCAA does. So more to come....Regardless it will not be played at Bridgestone because it is Booked.
It is a non Conference Game.
My Guess is that Memphis Foreits and they whine about it for the rest of the year.
They will try to blame Tennessee for this.

It wouldn't be as upsetting to cancel, but considering the program and coach you have to consider the dirty tactics may have been at play.

Despite being ab NIT team and having multiple highly rated player transfer put the last few years, Penny somehow still gets 5* recruits and the nations best recruiting class....hmmmm

His players constantly flop.

He is crybaby and accesses others of things he has no insight on.

He acts like a petulant child. Not sure if he actually coaches. Just a dirty cheater.

And who are you to tell us where we can talk about what? Oh, right. Carry on!
I guess you forgot to use the Blue Font
or had a Senior Moment.

Freak is your VOLNATION DADDY in case you did not know.....

Last edited:
I guess you forgot to use the Blue Font
or had a Senior Moment.

Freak is you VOLNATION DADDY in case you did not know.....
I assumed it wasn’t necessary. We all know who the Grand Poobah is around here. I’m not quite to the point of having senior moments. I have a few years left before that, although not many.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

Insight anyone?
So I gather from Coach Batnes' statement that the NCAA has not made a ruling concerning out of conference games. However, according to coach Barnes statment the SEC has said you play or forfeit. This will be interesting as to whether the NCAA makes a rulin.

The more I think about it the more I agree with it, that it wasnt positive tests, it was broken protocols. Just my opinion but if there are going to be protocols in place then there needs to be strict penalties in place. Every team that breaks protocols should either have their program shut down for a month and all games be considered forefits, or be banned from the AA tournament at the end of the season. This is beyond ridiculous.

Agree. I thought most teams have “room checks?”
Partying until 3 AM is ridiculous when you have a 11AM game. It’s a fact the players, cheerleaders, and others were at the same party living it up into early morning hours. Idk if it was at the Westin Hitel or if they went out near Broadway but it will come out soon. Young kids, who are not the players, will tell their friends all.

I have actually enjoyed this more than the Memphis Game.....We would have crush this team...but heard all the Crap Sh** talk from Penny for 3 months.......Excuses......whatever.
He knew he could not win so he took the easy way out. Now he has a little more cred than if he had lost by ducking the Vols.
What a piece of crap for a Coach.
This is rookie stuff and they will spin it.
I hope future recruits see this..........

VN Store

Back