*****2021 Early Signing Day Thread Tracker

Rivals and other venues' ratings are far apart. The SEC Network has us 23rd overall and 10th in the SEC, while Rivals has us top 10 overall and 4th or 5th in the SEC. Missouri is in the top 10 on SEC Network, but 20th in Rivals. I feel comfortable with our class. This class along with transfers should serve us well. And who knows what will happen in February on normal signing day. GBO!

Reactions: KptVFL
Looking for a spreadsheet that lists name, hometown, speed, height, weight, position, yr (juco?), #of stars on pick one. I keep them year to year for comparison and to just learn the new arrivals. Thanks in advance. Even if someone has something close, I can work with it. Sounds like an exciting and rewarding day for the VOLS. It is truly great to be a VOLUNTEER!

Reactions: HeadVol77
Really good class with 20 signed and 5 remaining slots. This staff did an outstanding job. Let’s get a big bowl win and bring in the remaining five slots with guys to fill holes.

I believe Tyre West is projected to play DT so that gives us 2 DTs and 2 DEs…

Ahh, yes, thanks. I guess the player thread changed at some point. I used the list in the OP of this thread, but you are correct.

It would be nice to get 2 more of each from the portal.

Reactions: Sarms58
Ahh, yes, thanks. I guess the player thread changed at some point. I used the list in the OP of this thread, but you are correct.

It would be nice to get 2 more of each from the portal.

West is 6-3 and 280 and fast/quick enough to play DE in HS but he’s gonna be an inside disrupter. He and Phillips both are great additions on the inside. We’ll have Da’Jon Terry and Isaac Washington from last year and Omari Thomas and Dominic Bailey from the 2020 class…I know I’m leaving some guys out but that’s six big, physical men on the interior DL…

We can! We could sign up to 25 high school and JUCOS but we signed 20. But we can sign up to 7 from the transfer portal so I think we can max out at 27. GBO!

We would have to have some attrition to do that though, wouldn’t we? I thought we would eventually bump up against the 85 cap. Especially if Mays and Tillman come back.

I could be wrong though. It’s so hard to keep up with the numbers.

Reactions: VFLBerg
West is 6-3 and 280 and fast/quick enough to play DE in HS but he’s gonna be an inside disrupter. He and Phillips both are great additions on the inside. We’ll have Da’Jon Terry and Isaac Washington from last year and Omari Thomas and Dominic Bailey from the 2020 class…I know I’m leaving some guys out but that’s six big, physical men on the interior DL…

Isaac Washington got dismissed with French

Rivals and other venues' ratings are far apart. The SEC Network has us 23rd overall and 10th in the SEC, while Rivals has us top 10 overall and 4th or 5th in the SEC. Missouri is in the top 10 on SEC Network, but 20th in Rivals. I feel comfortable with our class. This class along with transfers should serve us well. And who knows what will happen in February on normal signing day. GBO!
I saw the same on SEC Network last night. I think they use ESPN ratings which has us 10th in the SEC and 22nd in country. Mizzou and KY both ahead of us. It’s crazy how different these rankings are.

Reactions: MikeTheVol
I saw the same on SEC Network last night. I think they use ESPN ratings which has us 10th in the SEC and 22nd in country. Mizzou and KY both ahead of us. It’s crazy how different these rankings are.
This is one reason why I believe in coache’s evaluations more than recruiting services. I do believe that most recruit services do a pretty good job on 5* layers but much as good on 4&3 * players. We have always recruited some 3* players who either got their 4th* or played like 4* players on a he field. ESPN look a lot of films but do not have players in camps or have the knowledge or coaching experience to accurately rate H S players.

VN Store

Back