Cade Mays looking for an NIL deal that would pay him “third or fourth round money”.

What do you think about that?

I think he is delusional and he better start prepping for the NFL, and hope he gets 3-4 round money there.

Trey Smith gets paid 6th round money as a starter in the NFL.

If someone pays Cade anywhere near what he is hoping for, things have gone off the rails worse than I could have imagined.

I think he is delusional and he better start prepping for the NFL, and hope he gets 3-4 round money there.

If someone pays Cade anywhere near what he is hoping for, things have gone off the rails worse than I could have imagined.
Your opinion will likely not be a popular one......but I agree with you 100%!!!!

It's quickly becoming the norm for players in his position.

The ONLY reason Trey Smith gets paid 6th round money is due to health concerns. C’mon.

Besides, who’s to say Mays is raising the stakes to that kind of money for negotiation purposes? Starting high $ is smart if you ask me.

Only significant difference between 4th & 6th round money is the signing bonus.

I don’t think Cade is worth that. I’d rather spread that NIL money out among more guys. JMO

I don’t think Cade is worth that. I’d rather spread that NIL money out among more guys. JMO

The point is that one is actually doing it, and one hopes to.

I think all of this is craziness.

Reactions: salsahound

An offensive tackle who gave up one sack all season (and that sack was due to guard missing assignment) isn't worth paying? Okay.

The ONLY reason Trey Smith gets paid 6th round money is due to health concerns. C’mon.

Besides, who’s to say Mays is raising the stakes to that kind of money for negotiation purposes? Starting high $ is smart if you ask me.

I wouldn’t negotiate NFL money for a non NFL player, but that is me.

Everyone wants our rich boosters to toss money at kids but there is rarely a good fit from a marketing standpoint. Also most of those companies have shareholders who might question tossing big bucks to a kid that at best has local recognition.

Hope he comes back but if he is after real money he has a better shot entering the draft.

An offensive tackle who gave up one sack all season (and that sack was due to guard missing assignment) isn't worth paying? Okay.

A tackle who missed several games due to injuries is NOT worth a huge amount of the NIL pot. Some of you think money is like leaves on trees but it’s not. Theres only so much out there for this purpose.

Go to the NFL Cade. We love that you came back but don't extort us for money.

Edit: don't get me wrong I like Cade but we are not winning the east with or without him next year. If it was Hooker looking for money I might say pay the man because he makes such a huge difference in our team next year. Just my $.02

Last edited:
This is a situation where NIL gets really interesting and an angle I hadn't considered. Big opportunity here for universities to hang on to studs for an extra season. I think the big guys should pony up 3-400k and he will stay to be with his bro for a year.

VN Store

Back