Players Sitting out Bowl game

Not sure where the list is, or why they would miss it. Unless, they are a for sure draft pick.

Alontae
Probably Cade

What I don't understand about Alontae is the video where he came back this year because he said there was more to accomplish. He hasn't seen a bowl game in years. I am surprised he is not excited to play this final game.

I don't know about Cade but the last time to play with his brother.

Both have dealt with nagging injuries this year though.

What I don't understand about Alontae is the video where he came back this year because he said there was more to accomplish. He hasn't seen a bowl game in years. I am surprised he is not excited to play this final game.

He was in a bowl game in 2020.

Cade could play, I mean his last snap was rolling his ankle in the first quarter against South Alabama. I mean I wouldn't want that to be my last play...

We’re starting to see more and more of this each year, and it isn’t right. Something needs to be done about this situation. I believe they should play in the bowl game. Those teams that make the playoffs, you don’t see their players sitting out do you?
This is a selfish take. Enjoy them in the NFL, because in all honesty any bowl outside of the CFP means Jack ****.

I take it you'd rather them play, possibly injure themselves for something meaningless, and potentially lose the opportunity to support their families for generations. Sounds well thought out.

This is a selfish take. Enjoy them in the NFL, because in all honesty any bowl outside of the CFP means Jack ****.

I take it you'd rather them play, possibly injure themselves for something meaningless, and potentially lose the opportunity to support their families for generations. Sounds well thought out.
If that’s the case, then why not just quit your senior year on your teammates? Why not all players going to the nfl that make the playoffs just sit out, and not risk getting hurt, then?

If they sit out, just to get to the nfl in a bowl game, then I consider them quitters. I consider them quitters to their team players, coaches, fans and the school.
We’re starting to see more and more of this each year, and it isn’t right. Something needs to be done about this situation. I believe they should play in the bowl game. Those teams that make the playoffs, you don’t see their players sitting out do you?
I hope you do see the difference between a bowl game and the playoffs. As the playoffs expand this will be more and more the case, so if you don't like it you should quit watching now. If you think Taylor, Mays or anyone of these players owes you anything you are wrong. These coaches are becoming multi-millionaires while the players get very little even from the NIL, comparatively speaking. I guarantee if Taylor and Mays were getting reasonably compensated to sacrifice their bodies for our entertainment they would be playing. However, sacrificing their bodies for a Music City Bowl victory with nothing to gain but the possibility of aggravating an injury which would prohibit or limit their livelihood and professional career for your entertainment is laughable to them and I respect their right to do what is best for them. If you don't well................. bye Felicia.

He was in a bowl game in 2020.

You got me there. I had to look back. Very comparable season but I seriously don't think we were nearly as good as the team is this year. It was possibly a lot better roster on defense though compared to what is left.

They're actually playing for something

A rare brain cell amongst this thread.

Cade has been nursing a high ankle sprain for a while now, and he has the opportunity to be a professional football player. If anyone is giving him advice and is telling him anything other than to get healthy, they are doing him a disservice.

Alontae has given far more to this University and this football team than anyone commenting in this thread. He stuck it out through the hard times when he likely could have left. But these folks are right, he's a "quitter" that is abandoning his team because he doesn't want to play in the worthless Music City Bowl.

I wish they would rid us of more than half of these meaningless bowls, because maybe then they wouldn't be so cheapened that the actually mattered. Right now, they just don't whatsoever.

Well, because teams in the playoffs have a chance at winning a National Championship....not quite the same as sitting out a bowl game that doesn't really have an impact on their legacy. And gives the players who will be possibly filling those positions next year a month of practice with starters, and a game to have starting experience for coaches evaluation (also allows coaches to determine if they need to attack transfer portal at those positions)going into spring ball...

If that’s the case, then why not just quit your senior year on your teammates? Why not all players going to the nfl that make the playoffs just sit out, and not risk getting hurt, then?
Because it makes sense for them to play a season. To win the conference, to win a championship to put on film for a professional career. Hate to tell you this, but a Music City Bowl against Purdue is not something most reasonable people would sacrifice their body for if they had a professional career around the corner. That is especially true if you have been nursing injuries all year.

It stinks as a fan when healthy guys sit out, but since I’m not in their shoes I can’t blame a player for doing what they think is best for themselves and their family. It is more understandable to me for someone that has been dealing with injuries. I just appreciate the guys that much more that play one more game with their team even though it might not be a big time bowl game. Purdue has two of their best players that have declared for the draft, and may not play in the bowl game.

They are quitters I don’t like it at all and lose respect for these guys. You fought hard with your team for 12 games and 4 months and you quit on them during the last game that just doesn’t sit with me and alot of fans.

It's the new age of acceptability. Hard to close the box again because it's been accepted. Just like we're not going back to the days of pre NIL regardless of how much confusion it creates and unequal playing fields.

Reactions: Orange defense
I hope you do see the difference between a bowl game and the playoffs. As the playoffs expand this will be more and more the case, so if you don't like it you should quit watching now. If you think Taylor, Mays or anyone of these players owes you anything you are wrong. These coaches are becoming multi-millionaires while the players get very little even from the NIL, comparatively speaking. I guarantee if Taylor and Mays were getting reasonably compensated to sacrifice their bodies for our entertainment they would be playing. However, sacrificing their bodies for a Music City Bowl victory with nothing to gain but the possibility of aggravating an injury which would prohibit or limit their livelihood and professional career for your entertainment is laughable to them and I respect their right to do what is best for them. If you don't well................. bye Felicia.
It doesn’t matter, they should be playing in their bowl game for their teammates and fans. Those players in the playoffs can get hurt to.

A bowl game is a celebration of the season and makes sense for the players coming back next year to get more experience. I don't blame the kids who are for sure draft picks from skipping the bowl games and avoid the risk of an injury that can push them out of the draft especially if they are out of eligibility.

If this was the playoffs, then yes they definitely should play, but for a normal bowl, I don't blame them.

It doesn’t matter, they should be playing in their bowl game for their teammates and fans. Those players in the playoffs can get hurt to.

This is just such an entitled take. They should play because I'm a fan and want to see it!

I bet if you anonymously polled the lockerroom, Alontae and Cade's teammates wouldn't say they are being quit on. That's because they get it, and you just don't.

VN Store

Back