The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

My mom bought a new CR-V in May for 26k. KBB trade in is 30k now. Never thought I’d see the day a car became an appreciating asset. Weird times. Excuse me while I start a car scalping business
That's what happened to us with the little barebones cargo van we bought for our business. Got it in 2018 @ ~$20K, only put 8k miles on it, sold it over the summer at almost $21.5K. I'll take it!

My mom bought a new CR-V in May for 26k. KBB trade in is 30k now. Never thought I’d see the day a car became an appreciating asset. Weird times. Excuse me while I start a car scalping business
I've basically got a new vehicle every 6 months the last year and a half and walked out with money :cool:

Reactions: McDad
I have a 2018 Accord. I leased it and the lease is up this month. I owe around $15k to buy it now. Car Max says it will give me $25k.

What’s your best plan on dealing with turning in leased vehicles right now @YankeeVol ?

I have a 2018 Accord. I leased it and the lease is up this month. I owe around $15k to buy it now. Car Max says it will give me $25k.

What’s your best plan on dealing with turning in leased vehicles right now @YankeeVol ?
Some manufacturers are requiring you take them back to them.

If you can buy it for 15K and get 25K, I’d buy it and flip it (if you wanted something new)

Some manufacturers are requiring you take them back to them.

If you can buy it for 15K and get 25K, I’d buy it and flip it (if you wanted something new)
That’s pretty much what I was thinking, except finding something new seems to be not so easy these days.

I was planning on a new Frontier PRO-4X, until I saw that they were going for well over MSRP. So, new tires it is and I’ll see you in a year when the economy favors the buyer.

Reactions: Wireless1
I was planning on a new Frontier PRO-4X, until I saw that they were going for well over MSRP. So, new tires it is and I’ll see you in a year when the economy favors the buyer.
Call around. There’s dealerships that are still doing right by the customer. I had to call about 10 places to find the Jetta for sticker minus any rebates.

Then again, I’m wrong a lot. Did you happen to see my prediction for the SEC championship game? I rest my case.

VN Store

Back