Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

I just don't understand how we don't get some kind of alternative offense running when we are shooting <10% from deep. Motion, dribble drive, high/low, post, top of the key/mid-range game, back door, . . .

Very frustrating. No adjustments.
Well that’s the old Barnes offense that the very smart “analytics” people said they hated. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s the problem though…he first said it was the worst since we lost 11-6 in 1973. I am the one who brought up Cuonzo, and he halfway concedes.

He doesn’t tell the truth, is overly dramatic, and is an emotional mess.

Like an exgirlfriend? Knew I recognized the attitude.!

Reactions: VolGee4
Why bother with the subjective ass officiating this sport employs. You're at the whims of whatever dogshit referee crew you've got with a Sermons, Valentine, or Shows surely in tow for an SEC matchup. This product is very clearly a waste of time, all reliant on subjective officiating from officials that have done everything in their power to prove their incompetency yet still there game after game.

Reactions: VolGee4
Well that’s the old Barnes offense that the very smart “analytics” people said they hated. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yea, what’s hilarious is that people are hating on 34 3 point shots. We heard all off-season how Barnes needed to update his offense. Lol.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
DeVoe made the tournament 6 of 11 years and got fired after he made the tournament. He’s also the last UT coach to win an SEC tournament. He actually Accomplished more at UT than CRB has so far

Reverse your coach hate and you’d be pointing out that in 1979 Devoe had a double bye in that SECT. In a 10-team league. He only went 2-0 to win it.

Devoe missed the NCAAT in 5 or his last 6 years and was one-and-done in his last year.

Hilarious that you are pumping up Devoe.

That’s the problem though…he first said it was the worst since we lost 11-6 in 1973. I am the one who brought up Cuonzo, and he halfway concedes.

Lol, this was the lowest scoring game in regulation since Cuonzo Martin coached. The 11-6 game was before there was a shot clock

Big Game Rick Barnes, the $5 million coach
Most overpaid coach in the history of college BB. 1 Final Four in his career and 3 NCAA wins in 6 years at UT.
Gets outcoached by a 64 year old career asst in his fist year as a HC. Who by the way makes $1.9 million. You da man Rick.
Well, we were told at the half that he told Chandler to take it to the hole. Chandler still rarely did that. At that point the coach can either keep telling him to take it or bench him and risk losing him. So, instead it becomes a teaching moment, and you hope it pays off later.

Reverse your coach hate and you’d be pointing out that in 1979 Devoe had a double bye in that SECT. In a 10-team league. He only went 2-0 to win it.

Devoe missed the NCAAT in 5 or his last 6 years and was one-and-done in his last year.

Hilarious that you are pumping up Devoe.
I’m not ” pumping” up DeVoe, I’m just stating he accomplished more than Barnes has so far at TN

Why bother with the subjective ass officiating this sport employs. You're at the whims of whatever dogshit referee crew you've got with a Sermons, Valentine, or Shows surely in tow for an SEC matchup. This product is very clearly a waste of time, all reliant on subjective officiating from officials that have done everything in their power to prove their incompetency yet still there game after game.
Good point. You left out Pat Adams who was part of the problem tonight

Reactions: Plateauvol

Can you read? I didn’t say we lost 11-6.

That really doesn’t mean anything. College BB is a tournament sport. Nobody remembers what team was #1 on January 20th

Being the highest rated team in the country for a month isn’t an accomplishment? Just stop posting already. Your hot takes are garbage. And your obsession with making posts trashing Barnes is psychotic.

Cuonzo coached 3 seasons Wish I were as good as you

I didn’t say how many years he coached…referencing that he coached just 2 years before Barnes. Talk about reading comprehension. But you don’t care about facts anyway.

Love coach Barnes and he can coach as long as he wants here, but he's a sweet 16 coach. Looking pretty good and giving us hope only to look like crap on offense and underachieve when it matters. New team, same old song.
It doesn't take much for our fair weather fans to turn. Most every team in the country looses more than once. so I just ignore and get ready for the next game

Reactions: RobertPellitt
Whatever, I’m pissed as hell. Maybe the worst game I’ve ever witnessed since we defeated Temple 11-6 in 1973. Horrible coaching to get beat by a first year coach with a bunch of transfers on his roster.

First year head coach? You’re lying. Mark Adams has coached more than 800 games.

Love coach Barnes and he can coach as long as he wants here, but he's a sweet 16 coach. Looking pretty good and giving us hope only to look like crap on offense and underachieve when it matters. New team, same old song.
Thank you for allowing Rick Barnes to continue to coach. I’m sure he appreciates your generosity.

Big Game Rick Barnes, the $5 million coach
Most overpaid coach in the history of college BB. 1 Final Four in his career and 3 NCAA wins in 6 years at UT.
Gets outcoached by a 64 year old career asst in his fist year as a HC. Who by the way makes $1.9 million. You da man Rick.

Career assistant? Mark Adams has been a head coach in over 800 games. LOL. Great hot take there, Chief.

VN Store

Back