QB transfer portal possibilities

GBOplayer

Former Tennessee Commit, Indiana QB Enters Transfer Portal | Rocky Top Insider

Looks like Michael Penix just entered the transfer portal...joining Adrian Martinez last week.

Both of these are former UT commits and looks like they may be seeing whats happening at UT. I would guess since Michaelband Adrian are former UT commits they have probably have seen what we have done this year and we are probably high on their list. I don't think they are better than HH but they would definitely make the QB room better

Looks like Michael Penix just entered the transfer portal...joining Adrian Martinez last week.

Both of these are former UT commits and looks like they may be seeing whats happening at UT. I would guess since Michaelband Adrian are former UT commits they have probably have seen what we have done this year and we are probably high on their list. I don't think they are better than HH but they would definitely make the QB room better

If Hooker returns, likely, gonna be tough to get a quality QB from portal. They would want to start.

We need a top QB transfer from the portal to upgrade our QB room. Dual threat.

No more chances on Milton retreads.
I doubt a top QB transfer is looking to come to TN unless he thinks he's going to beat out Hooker to start knowing Jackson is also coming in and the unknown with him. Jackson could be ready to start in his year two. I guess it's possible a top QB could come in and wait to see if Hooker gets hurts but I'd be looking for places that are in need of a starting QB

Reactions: savannahfan

Penix can’t stay healthy.
Martinez … JG 2.0 … just … no.

I don't think we need one. Milton is a capable backup.... It would take an Act of God for Hooker to leave.... We go T Jackson coming in this class. I don't think we need any more QB's.

I would not want either of these two. If UT tries to take in another QB, I think they would likely target Dillon Gabriel, although I heard Ole Miss is high on him.

I hope Milton never sees the field in a UT jersey again.

We need a top QB transfer from the portal to upgrade our QB room. Dual threat.

No more chances on Milton retreads.

Some of what Milton was doing early looked good. It was his downfield accuracy that hurt him. He is better than Guarantano, but who isn't?

Reactions: Carp and Woke
I would not want either of these two. If UT tries to take in another QB, I think they would likely target Dillon Gabriel, although I heard Ole Miss is high on him.

I hope Milton never sees the field in a UT jersey again.

Agree on Milton never seeing the field again..........

Reactions: 508mikey
Hard pass on Adrian Martinez. Too much like JG for my taste.

I imagine CJH has a good idea if Hooker is leaving or staying. If he's leaving, Dillon Gabriel seems like the most obvious choice being that was his QB last year. If Hooker is staying, I don't imagine we'll be in the market for a portal QB, at least not anyone with aspirations of starting in 2022. And honestly Milton is a pretty solid back up QB, so hopefully he stays on. He wasn't good this year by any means, but we was still better than any QB we saw the last 4 years (though that bar is very low). And we have Tayven Jackson coming in as freshman, so potentially 3 quality QBs on the roster in 2022.

Last edited:
Depends on Milton and Hooker. If it looks like they're both staying doubt we touch the portal for a QB. If Hooker leaves then we go for a Penix type. If Milton leaves, try and grab a younger transfer who can battle with Jackson and 23 QB commit. If both leave, full scramble get a few or add 1 and a flier 22 high school QB.

Reactions: Odiodin
Depends on Milton and Hooker. If it looks like they're both staying doubt we touch the portal for a QB. If Hooker leaves then we go for a Penix type. If Milton leaves, try and grab a younger transfer who can battle with Jackson and 23 QB commit. If both leave, full scramble get a few or add 1 and a flier 22 high school QB.

I agree. If MIlton leaves, there is not much to choose from on the portal at the moment that would likely be willing to sit a year behind Hooker. Maybe Zach Gibson since he is from Alpharetta and is transferring from Akron. I imagine if we offered, he'd be here in a heartbeat. But he doesn't seem like a very good fit for the offense. Junior college route you have Jamari Jones and that's pretty much it.

Reactions: Ttucke11
We do not need a QB from the portal, unless it wouldn't cost us an OL or DB.

VN Store

Back