Rep Massie posts gun photo

Every issue is the same with you. Get the state involved. You don't like something? Get the state to force them to/ not to do whatever. That can't be the answer to everything.
So people purchasing firearms through a licensed dealer is a bad thing?

Sam wishes to make some money by illegally selling guns. He goes in and buys a bunch of guns by swearing he is not going to sell them illegally. He then goes and sells them illegally.

What am I missing?

From my earlier link:

After Virginia introduced its one-gun-a-month law, there was a significant reduction in the number of crime guns recovered outside the state and traced back to Virginia dealers.7
How far back is that link posted?

There are something like 5,000 federal crimes in US code and who the hell knows how many federal regulations but yeah, just a few more gun control laws will help.
That wouldn't be as necessary if so many individuals didn't completely suck.

According to you it is. You want to limit the number they can legally buy from a licensed dealer which would place additional demand on the black market
Not at all. I think it's a great thing. Instead of one guy buying 10 and 9 people not going through a licensed dealer, I would prefer all 10 to go through a licensed dealer to purchase their own gun. Still 10 guns in the hands of 10 different people.

There will always be sucky people and the data proves conclusively that laws don't deter them.
The data proves no such thing. Find me the society that was able to function without laws.

Not at all. I think it's a great thing. Instead of one guy buying 10 and 9 people not going through a licensed dealer, I would prefer all 10 to go through a licensed dealer to purchase their own gun. Still 10 guns in the hands of 10 different people.
Does this apply to the Taliban as well?

Sam wishes to make some money by illegally selling guns. He goes in and buys a bunch of guns by swearing he is not going to sell them illegally. He then goes and sells them illegally.

What am I missing?

From my earlier link:

After Virginia introduced its one-gun-a-month law, there was a significant reduction in the number of crime guns recovered outside the state and traced back to Virginia dealers.7

I don't understand something your link didn't address. Legal gun sales (white market?) require a serial number on the gun, don't they?

The data proves no such thing. Find me the society that was able to function without laws.

What is a bigger predictor of homicide in the US, racial demographics or loose gun laws?

If the problem were loose gun laws, 13% of the population wouldn’t be committing over 50% of homicides while living disproportionately in areas with the strictest gun laws.

An important and relevant convo but not one anybody wants to have.

Agreed. Anyone claiming the difference in homicide rates between here and Europe is a matter of gun laws, has to first address why the white homicide rate is on par with that of europe.

13% committing over 50% of murders is insane

lol.........that's why I put "legally" in quotes.
What do they do? Sign a paper that says they are not going to sell them illegally, then laugh on their way out.
There is absolutely no way to stop this. Except put those who break the gun laws and are violent reoffenders and Keep them in jail. But again your side is against that because it’s “racist”

And then sell them to anyone they wish.
Hog's World:
A seven year old buying a machine gun on the playground during recess from the naked man in the bushes is perfectly okay because it does not infringe on my individual rights. But don't aim it at the teacher during class or she may detonate her mini-nuke.
You reach for illogical strawmen all the time on this subject because you get embarrassed on it every single time 😂

What is a bigger predictor of homicide in the US, racial demographics or loose gun laws?

If the problem were loose gun laws, 13% of the population wouldn’t be committing over 50% of homicides while living disproportionately in areas with the strictest gun laws.
poverty

VN Store

Back