Rep Massie posts gun photo

I got a BS and Masters.

You disprove the belief that education is equatable to intelligence. Zing!!!

So far, McSon1 really likes the school. Apparently they have a tremendous internship, maybe it's a work/study, program for engineers.

Reactions: luthervol
Here's some...........it's all in that link I provided
  • Data indicates that approximately 20–25% of all handguns recovered at crime scenes were originally purchased as part of a multiple sale.4
  • Handguns sold in multiple sales were up to 64% more likely to be used in crime than handguns sold individually.5
  • A study of crime gun recoveries in Baltimore found that guns purchased in multiple sales were significantly more likely than guns purchased in single sales to be recovered from a possessor who was not the original buyer.6
Point # 1 - Data shows that 80%-85% of all handguns recovered at crime scenes were NOT originally purchased as part of a multiple sale.

Point #2 - This stat doesn't seem to make sense in relation to point #1 unless a) they are now changing the definition to include any "multiple sale" rather than just the original purchase, or b) they are making up the stats of handguns used in a crime that WERE NOT recovered at crime scenes.

Point #3 - Since handguns are not restricted to a single owner during the lifetime of the weapon, this point is meaningless.

Reactions: hog88
If you want to cut down on the use of handguns in crimes, the obvious answer is to arrest and prosecute criminals to the full extent of the law. Of course, Democrats don't want to do that.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You disprove the belief that education is equatable to intelligence. Zing!!!

So far, McSon1 really likes the school. Apparently they have a tremendous internship, maybe it's a work/study, program for engineers.

They have a great internship program in the engineering department.

Reactions: McDad
Point # 1 - Data shows that 80%-85% of all handguns recovered at crime scenes were NOT originally purchased as part of a multiple sale.

Point #2 - This stat doesn't seem to make sense in relation to point #1 unless a) they are now changing the definition to include any "multiple sale" rather than just the original purchase, or b) they are making up the stats of handguns used in a crime that WERE NOT recovered at crime scenes.

Point #3 - Since handguns are not restricted to a single owner during the lifetime of the weapon, this point is meaningless.
Your Point #1 rebuttal should have read 80%-75%
Point 2 does not contradict point 1.
Point 3 proves exactly why bulk sales should be restricted. (because they are being purchased to resell to criminals)

Point 3 proves exactly why bulk sales should be restricted. (because they are being purchased to resell to criminals)

Regarding point 1, you are correct. My fault for multi-tasking while I'm posting. Point 2 does contradict point #1 unless they are using different definitions than they did in Point #1 or they are skewing the data. Point #3 proves nothing. There is no link between that raw data and your conclusion.

Last edited:

Casuality is not established by that data - there is no data showing that if bulk sales were restricted it would make a difference rather than just change the mix of where criminal guns come from. If criminal guns ONLY came from bulk sales then the argument would hold water.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Let me get this straight. You want to restrict/limit the ability of the law abiding in hopes it will reduce already criminal acts?

Let me get this straight. You want to restrict/limit the ability of the law abiding in hopes it will reduce already criminal acts?
Kind of.
I'm targeting the ones who are purchasing "legally" with intent to resell on the black market.

There is no such thing as “purchasing legally to resell on the black market.”
lol.........that's why I put "legally" in quotes.
What do they do? Sign a paper that says they are not going to sell them illegally, then laugh on their way out.

If a person buys 1 or 10 guns with the intention of reselling them to someone that can't legally buy a gun it's a straw purchase.
Okay.
What if he purchases 10, resells 7 legally, and 3 illegally? 30% straw? Kind of straw? mini-straw? What's the point in the semantics?

VN Store

Back