I think GA peaked

I will repeat it for you again since it went over your head. His quote "They have the #1 class by a mile " but that doesnt mean next month. He was referring to where they currently stand. Sorry it was so complicated for you.
The 247 2021 composite shows AL, OhioState , LSU then GA.
That was the last class signed.
Perhaps your post would be more concise if you actually read your reply in which you said SIGNED. It ain't complicated skippy, nothing is signed yet.

I’m sure you’re joking. “They intentionally lost for the conference”? C’mon. They wanted that perfect season, no1 seed, and monkey off their back that is Alabama. Plus getting in was only guaranteed with a win.
Would not put it past the sec mafia.

One thing not talked about is Saban owns his former assistants. Yes Jimbo got over the hump this year. But as I sit down to watch the game last night the thought of Saban loosing twice in one season against a former assistant with a Heisman QB was really all I needed to know.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth up Kirby Smart. You won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder.

Kirby has won 64 games in 6 years. He just went 12-0 without a playmaker at QB. Kirby has messed up his QB history at Georgia and it all was caused by the Eason injury that forced Fromm in who essentially played good enough to stop the Eason to Fields transition.

Kirby ain’t dumb either. He will still get top recruits and I’m sure QB’s too.

He also had the gift of knowing he was in the playoff regardless of what happened. I think it’s likely Bama and UGA don’t face each other in a semifinal but they should both be favored to win each semi and play in the Natty.

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth up Kirby Smart. You won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder.

From your lips to God’s ear, my friend!

I don’t think Georgia has peaked but they are close. They need an elite QB. They will likely have that next year.

They have an excellent program and I don’t think they will suck again for a while. 🤮

Kirby has won 64 games in 6 years. He just went 12-0 without a playmaker at QB. Kirby has messed up his QB history at Georgia and it all was caused by the Eason injury that forced Fromm in who essentially played good enough to stop the Eason to Fields transition.

Kirby ain’t dumb either. He will still get top recruits and I’m sure QB’s too.

He also had the gift of knowing he was in the playoff regardless of what happened. I think it’s likely Bama and UGA don’t face each other in a semifinal but they should both be favored to win each semi and play in the Natty.

They should seed Bama-UGA 2 & 3, respectively.

Send them fools out to Dallas.

watched every play.......rewatched it........GA didn't try to win; they were told not to win.........disgraceful what the SEC front office will do for money

I don’t know why this is, but I’ve noticed an absolutely stunning abuse of ellipses by people who believe in conspiracy theory…

Please stop.

How to Use Ellipses in APA Style

UGA ain't winning anything unless they get lucky and find a legitimate Heisman type of QB. Their teams will always be centered on running the ball and playing defense, and getting good enough play from the QB position. Until they adapt to the current style of offenses, they'll continue choke when it counts.

He may be pressured to start JT Daniels, but that will lead to worse results. Daniels is a statue back there. Bama will tee off.

Agreed. If he puts Daniels back there now, it's a tacit admission he played the wrong guy all season not only to the public but more importantly to his own team. He's pretty much stuck with the romantic story of good ol Georgia boy walks on and wins it all, except he doesn't. Fromm was much better than Bennett at QB and he couldn't get it done.

Reactions: tbh
Kirby is an amazing recruiter, I would love to have their talent and depth. BUT, he just gets out-coached when he can't out-talent teams, but there's only about 2-3 teams a season that have had similar talent levels the past few years, so they won't have to face that too often.
This EXACTLY. Right now, the SEC East is weak and GA had one hill to climb.....Alabama. Florida is in an unnatural state right now. It won't take long for them to bounce back. We are on the rise again, too. And, well......Alabama gonna Alabama every year till Saban leaves. GA's path to the SEC championship, much less a NC, just got harder. GA fans won't stomach it. Kirby isn't garbage But neither was Richt. If he can't string together a NC soon, the fans are gonna start barking.

The refs kept UGA in the game late in the second quarter. At least that’s how I saw it.
The SEC Championship game has always been about keeping it close to keep people watching. Remember when the East was dominant, but couldn't do squat because of penalties in the first half and then in the second half the penalties stopped. The SEC wanted their team to make the BCS Championship. No way they were going to let a 3 or 4 loss team win the SEC. We were the first to be upset in the SEC championship game in 2001, but it was because we fumbled away the gift we were supposed to have been given. The refs kept LSU close and then let us do whatever we wanted in the second half. We just fumbled away our opportunities.

Both Bama and GA have equal talent. They are loaded with 5* players. That leaves it down to coaching. There is NO WAY Kirby Not So Smart is going to ever outcoach Nick Saban. JMHO

Reactions: Vollifer1949
As good as they’ve been during the regular season, after almost 6 full years, with arguably the most talented or second most talented roster annually in the SEC, Kirby has 1 SEC title, which was won in his second year with a team full of Mark Richt’s recruits.

If he keeps them in the mix annually, one would think they will eventually have a breakthrough year and win it all. But maybe not.

If this keeps happening, the knock against Kirby that he just lacks something in big game situations, will become more than a passing reference and will become a permanent burden for him.

I think Georgia took a dive. The conference gets a lot more money with 2 teams in the hunt. If Georgia had won today, bama would out for sure. Now the plan of an all sec championship game is still intact. Kirby was quoted as saying after the game, “it didn’t hurt anything”. Conference orders from the commissioner I think.
Some people still think wrestling is real also.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
They should seed Bama-UGA 2 & 3, respectively.

Send them fools out to Dallas.

Not familiar with current makeup of committee but I know members in the past would never make two sec schools play each other in a semi. I actually would love to see them play but i doubt they will. Bama and Georgia are clearly the two best teams in the country. Michigan a distant 3rd. My guess is it’s Bama Michigan Georgia Cincy

Will more people talk about how he couldn’t get it done or going 12-0 later today?

When do the excuses stop?
He’s a glorified recruiter who feasts of a weak East and falls flat on the big stage.
He’s John Calipari with no championships
Agreed. With his recruiting, he didn’t make the sec championship last year. Tbf, it was also the year they had to play Bama. You could argue that he underachieved based on his recruiting. Then coincidentally Florida falls apart and fires their coach the same year they had to play Bama in the regular season. Not neither of the those have to play Bama for like 8 years.

Last edited:
This ignorant narrative needs to stop. IF we become good enough to be in this position, are you going to say TN was told / asked to roll over? The SEC has the best football teams but the thought of the commissioner asked GA to throw the SEC championship is ludicrous.
I’m calling it now, our Vols took one for the team and laid down against Florida and Ole Miss. we would’ve blown them out otherwise.
😜
GBO!!

Reactions: orangebloodforlife

VN Store

Back