Shane Beamer prime candidate for OU

Holy crap if I were an OU fan I'd think that's a terrible hire.

Honestly, the parallels between OU and Beamer and UT and Dooley would be hilarious.

Sitting coaches at both schools leave for USC and their replacements are the progeny of big name coaches who haven't achieved much success on their own.

Boggles the mind when you stop to think about it.

I actually kind of like OU and really hope they have more sense than we did.

beamer is working for a pay raise to make him too expensive to fire, and he is an excellent coach. S car wants him to stay. It will take him a couple of years, but he is loved. I understand the interest by okie, but too soon. He hasn't done anything yet.

I would be really surprised if OU went that route since he just finished his first year as a head coach, but who knows. I could see VT maybe being interested with the family connection.

Reactions: NETNVOL81
Be reasonable, fellows. OU has been in the playoffs 4 times.

Get a grip.

This is agent speaking imo...Heupel is a much better candidate imo

They made real good improvements this year, I’m not so sure about that one. But I hope your right.
Their record improved, but that's pretty easy to account for with some of their competitors getting worse. They played decent on defense and pretty bad on offense...just like under Muschamp. They didn't quit, and that's about the only change I could see being attributed to Beamer. They just weren't an impressive team at all and seemingly lucked into playing Florida when half the team had quit and Auburn when they had some key injuries. They were also lucky to pull out close wins against some really bad teams...one of which was Vanderbilt.

They made real good improvements this year, I’m not so sure about that one. But I hope your right.
Agreed and I think he can make some improvements and if Dabo loses his assistants. South Carolina may not pass Clemson but he can get some players from that era to bypass Clemson.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Honestly, the parallels between OU and Beamer and UT and Dooley would be hilarious.

Sitting coaches at both schools leave for USC and their replacements are the progeny of big name coaches who haven't achieved much success on their own.

Boggles the mind when you stop to think about it.

I actually kind of like OU and really hope they have more sense than we did.
One bit of an exception to your comparables: Beamer is coming off a winning season, Dooley did not.

One bit of an exception to your comparables: Beamer is coming off a winning season, Dooley did not.

Actually brother, you just brought up another parallel.

In 2010, Dools was 6-6 going into the bowl after his first season.

Whaddya know?

This year SC and Beamer are 6-6 heading into the bowl

Reactions: VolDave53
OU boards are straight up nuts…
YHGayh5.jpg

Reactions: Volfan1000
It won’t happen but I wouldn’t call it nuts considering the moves and money that’s already happened.
Which part would you not call nuts? The Drake part or the Dabo part? Or both of them coming out together part? Yeah, all of it together is a little nutty.

VN Store

Back