Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

TN Vols Men's Basketball team playing Presbyterian tonight. Game on SEC Network Now.
Still in the 1st half ... Vols leading by 10 points. Vols are having TO problems early.

Update: TN Vols are curb stomping this Presbyterian team .... TN Vols 45-21 at Halftime.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols

30 years ago today I believe.

I was 14 years old. Travis stephens was unstoppable. The RBs on that team were amazing....Phil always had loaded backfields with NFL talent...and made several NFL linebackers out of RBs that were buried in the 4 or 5 deep at RB as well. Casey was the ultimate Road Warrior something like 14-2 on the road as a starter with wins in Gaynesville and Gumptown.

Right now is the most I have been excited about UT football since Fulmer was fired. Coach Hype will have us relevant again in 2 or 3 years if we get the Jimmies and Joes. Top 15 or 20 every year IMO. Several have tried and failed. Seems we might have found a guy who can actually scheme and teach....

Edit: that John Ward gif is priceless. Damn i miss that man...and listening to Leonards Losers before the games also...

To any of you campers out there, I scored a 4 night reservation in Denali national park at the Riley Creek campground in the middle of July. I plan on spending most of the next summer in Alaska. Leave in late May and come home in late August or early September.

That sounds like an awesome trip, congrats. I hope I get to do a trip like that when I grow up.

Now if they can get the defense to stop anyone on 3rd down they'd be cooking with fire.

Did I miss something, or was the defense actually looking better earlier in the season? I remembered being pleasantly surprised, and now I'm wondering.

Did I miss something, or was the defense actually looking better earlier in the season? I remembered being pleasantly surprised, and now I'm wondering.

My memory has faded already but I thought at least they played their hearts out. That makes me proud. Those 100 play games on D and they were still scratching and clawing despite being limited in depth.
Just seems that only really LB depth hurt us with QB runs. I gotta say I am optimistic as I have been in a looooong time

Reactions: AM64
My memory has faded already but I thought at least they played their hearts out. That makes me proud. Those 100 play games on D and they were still scratching and clawing despite being limited in depth.
Just seems that only really LB depth hurt us with QB runs. I gotta say I am optimistic as I have been in a looooong time
I agree that the defense did give effort. They were just horrible on 3rd and 4th downs. I blame poor defensive play calling for some of that. Stop just 40% of those 3rd downs/4th downs, and they could have probably cut that defensive play count down to about 60-65 plays per game.

To any of you campers out there, I scored a 4 night reservation in Denali national park at the Riley Creek campground in the middle of July. I plan on spending most of the next summer in Alaska. Leave in late May and come home in late August or early September.

Congrats on that. Had a co-worker back in 2005 that took a camping trip for two weeks to Glacier National Park in northwest Montana. Took him like 5 days just to get there pulling his camper behind his Ford diesel truck. He said Pikes Peak was scary as hell getting up & worse going back down with brakes being used constantly. He said that's God"s Country for sure out yonder. Once there, he didn't want to come back to Tennessee.

Reactions: AM64 and VolStrom
Congrats on that. Had a co-worker back in 2005 that took a camping trip for two weeks to Glacier National Park in northwest Montana. Took him like 5 days just to get there pulling his camper behind his Ford diesel truck. He said Pike's Peak was scary as hell getting up & worse going back down with brakes being used constantly. He said that's God"s Country for sure out yonder. Once there, he didn't want to come back to Tennessee.
I drove up Pikes Peak a few years ago and all I can say is never again. I think there are still fingernail indentations in my steering wheel. The temp went from the mid 70's to the mid 20's from start to finish. Shelf roads aren't my thing, I've been there and done that.

Zack Rickens (@ZackRickensTV) Tweeted:
4 ⭐️ QB commit Tayven Jackson and Peyton Manning meet pregame https://t.co/eg1b18EWOQ

He has led his team to 28 straight wins and back to back state championships in IN highest classification 6A...last loss was in the state championship his sophomore year.

If this dude wants to play QB in the SEC .... he needs to add on some 35 pounds of muscle.

Reactions: AM64 and VolStrom
I pissed off a plumber some how. Moving into my new house tomorrow. Brought some stuff over today that I did not want the movers touching. Noticed the water heater leaking from the bottom. 2 weeks ago the water heater at my current home burst and I had to replace that. Two damn water heaters in less then a month.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I pissed off a plumber some how. Moving into my new house tomorrow. Brought some stuff over today that I did not want the movers touching. Noticed the water heater leaking from the bottom. 2 weeks ago the water heater at my current home burst and I had to replace that. Two damn water heaters in less then a month.
Replace the sacrificial anode and it will love you long time.

Tankless opportunity
Take it

VN Store

Back