Strength and Conditioning Coach?

AstonRoyal

Do we have one? I was looking at the directory and it looks like we have some assistant directors for sports performance but no Strength and Condition coach (unless I missed it?): Football Coaches - University of Tennessee Athletics

Is that common? I feel like I heard strength and conditioning coaches are suppose to be vital and kind of like the “off-season head coach” and are often unsung heroes in a program.

Also if we don’t have one I wonder how much that (in addition to lack of depth) played a part in all the injuries this year.

Do we have one? I was looking at the directory and it looks like we have some assistant directors for sports performance but no Strength and Condition coach (unless I missed it?): Football Coaches - University of Tennessee Athletics

Is that common? I feel like I heard strength and conditioning coaches are suppose to be vital and kind of like the “off-season head coach” and are often unsung heroes in a program.

Also if we don’t have one I wonder how much that (in addition to lack of depth) played a part in all the injuries this year.
Kurt Schmidt is the S&C coach. The title is just different under this administration.

With Brian Kelly headed to LSU does Tommy Moffitt stay on staff. He is LSU's Anthony Fauci and continues on with each coaching change... but Brian Kelly may want to bring his own guy from ND. He's been at LSU since 2000 but is a Tennessee guy and we've tried to get him many times.

Reactions: volfan8 and mkvol
With Brian Kelly headed to LSU does Tommy Moffitt stay on staff. He is LSU's Anthony Fauci and continues on with each coaching change... but Brian Kelly may want to bring his own guy from ND. He's been at LSU since 2000 but is a Tennessee guy and we've tried to get him many times.
Initial reports are that Kelly is retaining most of LSU’s staff. Moffitt is an institution and their physical prowess has always been an advantage under him. But Garner was such at Auburn and that happened. Guess it boils down to whether Kelly is an idiot like Harsin.

Initial reports are that Kelly is retaining most of LSU’s staff. Moffitt is an institution and their physical prowess has always been an advantage under him. But Garner was such at Auburn and that happened. Guess it boils down to whether Kelly is an idiot like Harsin.
Coaches when it comes to the SC Coach view it as the most important hire as those guys are with the team the most. No doubt he should retain him, but something to watch if Kelly likes his guy Balis who has been with him 5 years.

Reactions: vegasvolfan

Nah. We gotta save money for Heupel's raise. He's headed to OU or haven't you heard?

Yes. NFL background and it is noticeable. We were so very thin but racked up the most TFL in NCAA Football this year and put 4th ever in program history type numbers with a depleted roster. Artis and whoever Hamilton controlled BJ into hiring after losing his original S&C coach are two primary reasons for why this is a good thread. You will have all of this talk about technique, but if you aren’t strong enough or fast enough, your technique is moot. Both are very important. Be glad we have a decent guy.

Tommy will stay at LSU. Book it.
He’s staying but reports out yesterday per LSU beat reporter that Kelly made an offer to Balis and he turned it down to stay at ND. Two stories there, like I mentioned earlier Kelly would want to take his guy. Other part, first coach to by pass Tommy since hired by Saban. So does Moffitt still stay or is he being pushed out.

How do you know about Love’s abilities as a S&C coach? I don’t have a clue. Most of those coaches are not in the limelight.

Their players had "cramps" every other play in 50 degree weather......

I think he was making a joke about the number of "injuries" Ole Miss had against us

VN Store

Back